“GOLD Star...!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Maryland
“GOLD Star...!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel and staff! My family and I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions throughout the years; the rooms, service and complimentary breakfast are always superb. If you're seeking a good night rest in a clean, enjoyable and safe hotel, I would highly recommend Fairfield Inn & Suites on Bill Tuck Hwy... GOLD Star!!! There are a few other hotels and motels nearby but as they say, "You get what you pay for." I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for the comfort, safety and security of my family.

Room Tip: Rooms is the rear are best!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A nice new facility located conveniently on US 360 just minutes from downtown South Boston. The accommodations were great with a comfortable bed, generous breakfast and a very friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Booked this in advance. Our room was 219 after taxes, so I thought we'd be getting 200 dollar-a-day service/room.Turns out they raised the prices because it was a "race weekend." We weren't there for a race. Regular is about 130, after taxes. That's what the room was worth. The breakfast was fine, but nothing like I expected after the reviews, and certainly not worth 219. Disappointed we overpaid for this hotel.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Michael W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. You are a valued guest and it is always our goal to provide each of our guests with an exceptional hotel experience. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations and for that, I am sincerely sorry. We would like to have the opportunity to improve on your opinion of us by serving you again in the future.
Best,
Janet C
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spent two night at the Fairfield in South Boston, as I was in the area for a few trips to Danville and Lynchburg. I selected this hotel, because I had rewards points to use, and this hotel offered the best bang for my buck (point) in the area.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a hotel which looked very new (I was actually surprised when the dates in the elevators suggest it's been around for at least 4-5 years). The lobby and elevator areas and my room were very clean and modern for a hotel of its size. My room came with a relatively large bathroom with a nice glass door walk-in shower. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel offers daily breakfast, though I slept in each day and didn't take advantage of this.

My room did not come with a fridge or microwave, although I had no real expectations it would, so it didn't matter. If I had a suggestion for a way things could be improved, it would be that there are never too many outlets near the bed. I don't want to have to unplug the alarm clock to charge my phone and use my laptop, and I suspect the person after me doesn't want to have to reset the alarm clock either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
wayne, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Clean, Convenient stop over location for passing through the area or a business stopover.
Staff was polite an accommodating. Self serve breakfast was fresh and well stocked.
Lots of local food options nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I went to High School in South Boston and recently went back for a family function. Since the event was also in South Boston, I decided that my family and I would book a room there. This hotel is still relatively new to the area so I expected it to look nice but I still was surprise as soon as I walked in. It has a nice modern front desk and appealing décor as well as a large comfortable lounge-like lobby, which was especially nice for congregating with a small crowd of family members and later just hanging out by myself with a laptop watching golf on the television. Beyond that is the dining area for the free breakfast. Unlike most continental breakfast offered by a lot of hotels, the food is plentiful and it seemed endless. You also can make your own waffles.
We had a suite that had an area with a pull-out sofa with it's own TV. My kids loved it. The suite was clean and roomy however the kitchenette was tiny and the bathroom was a little cramped, but that didn't bother me much, though wife and two daughters had to compete for bathroom time. My wife was able to work out in exercise room then relax in the whirlpool and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. I was able to get some work done in the business center so I was really please. The free Wi-Fi made my iPad-loving kids happy. Being that I actually lived in the area at one time, I knew for a fact that there was no hotel better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

What a pleasant surprise! I booked a room in this hotel and was unsure what to expect in such a small town. I was happy with the clean, decent sized room. The hotel staff people were friendly and efficient. I am a lady and was traveling alone, but I felt very safe here.
The bed was extremely comfortable and, even though the hotel was full, I never heard a sound at night.
The shower was excellent! It had a big shower stall with glass doors. The shelves on which you place your toiletries were situated in a way that you could reach them easily, but your items didn't get wet.
The breakfast was good and the eating area was huge and modern.
This hotel is convenient to restaurants and to the South Boston Speedway. The price was the lowest I've paid for a hotel room in a long time.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!