“Moldy Room, Horrible Linens” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express South Boston

You added Holiday Inn Express South Boston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express South Boston
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1074 Bill Tuck Highway, Highway 58 East, South Boston, VA 24592   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Moldy Room, Horrible Linens”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Any positive reviews of this hotel must be fake, because it was the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. I walked in the room and my first impression was that it smelled bad. I realized the next morning that smell was mold--it was growing on the side of the TV armoire. The room was dingy, the bathroom was worse, and the sheets were ancient and pilling--very uncomfortable. I will never stay here again and wish I checked Trip Advisor before making a reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clover, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

this holiday inn express is the best one i ever stayed at! i will be definetley be staying there again the next time im in town. the prices are great staff is friendly and the service is wonderful . the breakfast is like a 4star resturuant.

Room Tip: any room it is great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Boston, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Jessica N ,

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience that you had when you stayed with us, that makes us work even harder to make everybody's stay more enjoyable
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I paid $114 for one night stay at this location on 6/20. Figured since it was a Holiday Inn, it would be decent. I was wrong. The room just looked old and shabby. The linens were nice, but the room itself was disgusting. I went into the room and put drinks for work the next day in the refrigerator. Took them out in the morning- same temperature as they were when I put them in. It didn't work. The lights wouldn't turn on when I went to turn them on, so I pulled out the nightstand- there was a dead bug and a used, bent Q-tip behind it. Disgusting. The AC didn't work well, the bathroom was dingy, the toilet ran all night long, and to top it off, I requested a 5:45 am wake up call that wasn't delivered until 6 am. I should have just driven the extra 30 mins to get where I was going...

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Boston, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear KristinRN78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service and room accommodations you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We work very hard to be the best hotel around that provides world class excellence. For that reason, I will make sure your comments will be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your experience during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seaside hts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after a busy week , hotel was very clean , friendly staff and good breakfast , i had the presidents suite on the 1st floor which had two rooms that were extremly comfortable . The front desk service was absolutely wonderful specialy the manager over there he is well trained and responsible person we had a problem with the next door customers they were making too much noise we called the front desk and we talked to "kimo" he saw how incredibly upset i was and quickly stepped into action!!! And he apologized to us as it was his fault and change us to another presidents suite , he didnt panic and he went out of his way to be nice to me and my wife. If u are comming to holiday inn express in south boston and u have any issues just say the magic word " kimoooooooooooooo " and he will be infront of u to deal with the issue . "kimo" thank u very much and we will always be in contact with u also i must let u know that we are coming back in july with all of our family members be ready for us ..........

Room Tip: Ask for kimo before u check in
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Boston, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear satisfied guest,

Our staff are very happy to see their efforts result in a great experience for you. Thank you for sharing your experience about our excellent hotel and we look forward to your visit with your whole family on your next visit. It was our pleasure to have you be our guest!

Glad you had a safe journey home!
Kingspor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I travel frequently and Corporate has preferred hotels for us to stay at. From the outside the hotel looks OK. The common areas - look fair and have the newer Holiday Inn Express appearance. The rooms on the other hand are AWFUL. The decor is outdated and even worse the rooms are dirty and dingy. The towels and floor mat in the bathroom were torn and had holes. My shoes stuck to the floor in the bathroom and I won't even bother to describe the carpet beyond dark and stainned.

The heat \ AC unit groaned all night and rattled the window above. The refrigerator also made so much noise that I just unplugged it and replugged it when I left.

The gap around the door and no closer was also a safety concern.

Avoid this place. There is a brand new Fairfield down the road - when I come back to the area that's where I plan on staying

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Boston, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear J G,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us.
I am sorry that we fell below your expectaions.
We are hospitality proffesionals and strive to be the best.
I hope you have a chance to stay with us again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Well priced accommodation with comfortable rooms. Only a short train ride to Boston City. included breakfast adequate and consistent fro Holiday Inn standards. Short walk to shopping and selection of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear satisfied guest,

Glad you had a safe journey home!
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

1) This is not a Holiday Inn Express. This is an old raggedy Holiday Inn with "Holiday Inn Express" stickers stuck over the old Holiday Inn insignias, including the door room numbers. Pathetic.

2) When I checked in, the receptionist did not remove his iPod buds throughout the checkin process. Really? I mean, really?

3) There are holes in the walls that have been basically taped back shut, uneven floors, and stained carpeting.

4) The wireless internet, which is not even password protected, is glacially slow. GLACIAL. Totally unacceptable in 2012.

5) Toilet phantom flushes. There are holes in the wall in the bathroom. No joke.

All of this is true in their "presidential suite." I'd hate to think what the regular folk are renting, y'know? Eek.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Boston? Share your experiences!