“Great setting by the water, good light lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,616 reviews 1,616 reviews
1,524 helpful votes 1,524 helpful votes
“Great setting by the water, good light lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stopped at this resturant right by the water with lovely views. We both had the cup of soup and half sandwich special for about $8--excellent baked potato soup and a good club sandwich with ham, cheese and bacon. A tasty lunch. Easy parking in their lot.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for the great review. I always enjoy sharing great feedback like this with my staff. I look forward to seeing your again.

Thanks greatly,

Springdale, Arkansas
“Great menu - reasonably priced for the quality and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I loved the flounder with ham and crab, covered in bernaise sauce. My husband had the crab cakes which were also excellent. Dessert was average - sara lee pound cake with ice cream drizzled with chocolate...

Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our business. We have found over the years that pairing our world famous Smithfield Ham with seafood makes a great combination. I look forward to meeting you next time you stop by.

Waynesboro, Virginia
“Overall it was good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here after a day of walking around. The waitress was very friendly and prompt. The food was pretty good, we ordered Oysters Rockefeller and they were good, but I have had better. She had a salad that was the same as a salad we could make at home. I had the rockfish that had ham and crab rolled up inside. That was very good but the sauce on top was a bit too sweet for me. Breakfast the next morning was another subject. The omelet bar was incredible and made to order with your choice of standard items such as bacon, onions and peppers, but then you can choose crab and shrimp also. That was a nice touch. But the best thing we ate was the ham. Obviously with Smithfield being the ham capital, it was to die for. I wanted to just keep eating ham! Again, service was great, dinner was pretty good and the Sunday breakfast buffet was great.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review of our business. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again.

Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Awesome FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Everything I have ever eaten at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station has been delicious. I love the Sunday Brunch. I love the crabcakes. And, nothing beats The STATION BURGER!

Visited February 2012
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the Station such an great review. I always enjoy getting feed back on what people like most about our family business.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Overpriced, mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Most entrees are $30, and would be slightly overpriced at $20. The servers don't know much about their wine selection, and will typically point you to the most expensive option they have. The "waterfront view" is scarcely visible inside.

Visited October 2012
Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to give Smithfield Station your personal review. Your suggesions will be considered by myself and my staff. Being built over top of the river our restaurant does offer senic veiws from almost every table. I am sorry you table did not meet your standards.