“Overpriced, mediocre food” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 28 restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Overpriced, mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Most entrees are $30, and would be slightly overpriced at $20. The servers don't know much about their wine selection, and will typically point you to the most expensive option they have. The "waterfront view" is scarcely visible inside.

Visited October 2012
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to give Smithfield Station your personal review. Your suggesions will be considered by myself and my staff. Being built over top of the river our restaurant does offer senic veiws from almost every table. I am sorry you table did not meet your standards.

Thanks again,

76% Recommend
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“Smithfield Station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although the atmosphere was pleasant, I think this restaurant is a bit pricey for the quality of the food I received. I shared a meal and a dessert and it was almost $40 and we both left there still hungry.

Visited September 2012
Thanks for your review. My staff and I are always on the look out for ways to improve our business. With the cost of quality ingredients and food its always a challenge coming up with affordable meals. We will take your review into consideration.

Thanks you,

Shenadoah Valley, Virginia
“Delicious and unique dishes of food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

An easy walk along the marina to the restaurant from the inn. Lovely and clean inside and outside dining.

Visited September 2012
Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for the kind words. The staff and myself really enjoyed hearing your feed back.

Thanks again!

Clayton, North Carolina
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

First, let me say we ate here two years ago and it was awesome then...not so much this time! What happened-does the quality and service only come during peak season? We ate here on a Saturday night (not busy at all and didn't have to wait for a table-I'd say they were about 1/2 full-if that). Anyway, we were seated right away and got our drinks rather fast. Our food arrived in reasonable amount of time. My husband had the lobster roll (which this time he said was ok-last time he said was fantastic). I ordered a chicken caesar salad, the chicken was like chicken jerky (and I even like dry chicken but it was even too dry for me!), the salad part was ok. My daughter had chicken fingers and fries-they were ok, although the breading is rather hard on the chicken and had to eat around it. We requested honey mustard-never received it. After we requested a to go box for my husbands $28 lobster roll-we waited forever for a check! When the waitress arrived with the check we gave her our credit card immediately but waited forever for her to return with it-my husband had to go track her down to retrieve it! The couple beside us actually asked for their check instead of placing an order because they never received their appetizer and waited a long time to be waited on. This visit really deserves only a 2 star rating, but because it was awesome the last time I will give it 3. The prices are high and would be understandable if the quality and service came with it...but not this time!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hi Holly,

I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your last visist here at the Station. I have made notes of your reveiw and will be discussing them with my staff tonight. The Station is our family business and work hard to make sure every guest is served in accordance with our high standards.
One a postive note I am glad you have been her in the past to see how we normally operate. I will take coments and constructively use them to improve our business.

hatfield, pa
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had arrived in Smithfield tired from traveling and were looking forward to a good Dinner. WE got to the restaurant about 5:00pm. Atmosphere is pleasant, food was average and the service was terrible.
We were one of two tables that were being waited on since it was early for dinner so we couldn't imagine why the service was so slow. They do have outside seating also if desired. Not worth a second try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Station recently. As an owner I have a vested interest in making sure our guest leave happy. Occasionally food can be slow or not to the taste of a guest ,even if its our recipe. One thing I do not put up with is service issues. I would love to talk more about this problem with you if you would be so kind as to reach out to me.

Thanks you,