“Average at best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
hatfield, pa
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had arrived in Smithfield tired from traveling and were looking forward to a good Dinner. WE got to the restaurant about 5:00pm. Atmosphere is pleasant, food was average and the service was terrible.
We were one of two tables that were being waited on since it was early for dinner so we couldn't imagine why the service was so slow. They do have outside seating also if desired. Not worth a second try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Station recently. As an owner I have a vested interest in making sure our guest leave happy. Occasionally food can be slow or not to the taste of a guest ,even if its our recipe. One thing I do not put up with is service issues. I would love to talk more about this problem with you if you would be so kind as to reach out to me.

Thanks you,

Brian Pack
757-357-7700

“Extremely disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner outside and the bugs were terrible. We started with oyster rockefeller and the smithfield ham croquettes. The oysters were okay at best, the ham croquettes were very nasty. We both took one bite and were done. The waitress asked us if we liked them, we told her we didn't care for them at all so they took them off of our tab. We both for dinner ordered the seafood platter for dinner, broiled. Both of us right away commented on the fact that our food was cold. The portions were very small considering the price of the dish, and the food was very bland. I definatley wouldn't recommend dinning here. The only good thing we can honestly say was that our waitress was really sweet.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dawn,
I am sorry to hear of your most recent experience here at the station. Out of every weekend I have been seating the deck this year, this was the one that the gnats came out! I agree. As to the other issues you experienced I will make sure I bring them up to my staff and make the neccessary improvements for Smithfield Station to live up to our repoutation and our price point.
If you come back in the future please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to show you how we normally do business.

Brian Pack
Smithfield Station
Sherman, Texas
“Part of a "Groupon" package! and a repeat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We saved our groupon dinner package for the last night. The Lobster was wonderful as were the Soft Shell Crabs! Good drinks and the total evening was excellant. Another repeat!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Ralph,

Thanks taking the time to leave such nice feedback about the Station! We look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Thanks again. Brian Pack
Smithfield, Virginia
“Pretty place good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is very good and sometimes has specials in the winter. We eat there and are very happy with the menu. Sundays are brunches that are very good with a chef that prepares eggs etc for you. Lunches at the bar are good price and burgers are great! Right on the pagan river wilth a marina. Inside is all cedar and windows overlooking the river. Love this place and shops there also.

Thanks for the great review. Its always nice to hear positive feed back from the locals! Look for all new winter specials starting Jan 1 and I wanted to mention we do $5 cheese burgers in the lounge area every Monday night. Hope to see you again soon. Brian
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Quality Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Happy hour food was very good. Chicken wings and fried shrimp. Lunch was wonderful as well. The only complain would be the price of a coke. $2.50 for a small to go cup.

Visited September 2012
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave some nice feed back for the Station. Our happy hour specials have been a really hit for our guests and we will continue to keep it up. We apreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon. Ask for me so I can give you a refill on that Coke! Thanks again. Brian Pack