“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Smithfield
Downingtown, United States
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn. Very clean, helpful staff, good facilities however the air conditioning did keep me awake at night. That being said, the breakfast was good and because of the comfort / bedding etc it did make it just about liveable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brandy M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to say kind words about your stay. I apologize that the AC kept you awake ....they have all been tested and unfortunately this particular brand does make a certain level of noise. We are currently testsing them all again just to make sure after 5 years of being open hasn't caused the noise level to raise due to malfunctions. Hopefully when you come to see us again in the future, things will be quiter for you. =)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was very pleased with the staff. They were very friendly and were quick to help and answer any questions that we had. We stayed this time for a week. The room was always made up whenever we needed it and when we needed fresh linens the staff got it for us promptly. My wife was very pleased with the quality of the bed, very comfortable. I/we would stay at a Hampton again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the very nice comments! I will make sure that the staff sees this as well - we appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words! I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you again!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent 2 nights at this Hotel last weekend. The cookies were great and the Hotel was very clean. We also enjoyed the complementary breakfast. Other than a lack of towels at the pool and the existence of 4 parking pole lights out in the back, the stay was comfortable and we would consider going back. The town of Smithfield is interesting with nice opportunities for good meals and small shops. You must check out the Smithfield museum and the Farmer's market on Saturday!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the kind words! We are working on getting the pole lights fixed - thank you for the information. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the town! We look forward to you coming back and we will keep the cookies warm for you =)
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for a week. The staff was ALWAYS very polite! Every time we left or returned the staff at the front desk always spoke to us, either Have a nice day, or welcome back! The breakfast was very nice! They always had something hot like eggs and maple sausage or bacon. Always had oatmeal or cereal and yogurt available and fruit. I thought a wide variety of breakfast items were offered. Every evening they had warm cookies at the front desk. Our room was straightened every day and if we wanted fresh towels they would leave them for us and if not we hung the towels up. But even if they did not take the towels the staff still cleaned the room. Excellent service! I would stay here again, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brandy M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We will be sure to make sure that all the staff gets an opportunity to read them. Reading things like this makes our jobs even more enjoyable =) We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!
Clarks Summit, PA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I thought the room had dated furniture, a loud A/C unit, the refrigerator was clearly in need of a defrosting, and it had only three pillows on each bed. For the money I thought it was a bad value. The breakfast was so-so. I can think of other hotels that would have a better value.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very sorry that we were not up to the standards that you were expecting. A few of the things that you mentioned, I have informed the appropriate people so that we can see what we can do about them. The furniture unfortunately isn't that it is outdated - it was a manufactoring error from opening that just recently became evident and things are in the process of being replaced now. We take pride in our hotel and we appreciate the feedback so that we can work on making your next visit awesome like it should have been =) Hopefully if you are in the area, you will give us another chance!
WADE, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff is always polite and very helpful, excellent service. I stay a couple times a year and the staff always knows me when I walk in the door, a big plus. Very close to every where I need to go. I would definitely recommend this hotel to every one traveling to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the kind words! To us, people that stay with us - especailly our return guests, become like family to us =) We have guests that are here often enough, that we have had the pleasure of watching their children grow up =) We look forward to having you back with our family =)
Clarks Summit, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This trip was wonderful from the moment I walked into the foyer. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I did not have to wait for anything during my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for any visit!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We GREATLY appreciate the kind words!!! Things like this, us let us know that we are doing something right =) We look forward to having you with us again =)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield? Share your experiences!