NOT JUST A BED & BREAKFAST!
High Meadows really took me by surprise. I could tell by the
pictures on the website that it was lovely, but it really exceeded
all my expectations. The house is not your ordinary B&B, but
Instead a home that welcomes you for a visit! The owners (Nancy
and Cynthia) are extremely friendly and helpful and are always
up for a good chat if you are. It’s a relaxed atmosphere and yet
offers everything you could possibly want in a B&B.
Sometimes I actually don’t always like staying at a B&B, as I feel
set up to have to talk with others, but at High Meadows
I found myself wishing I could stay an extra day or two—you are
not forced to “have to “ talk with people, yet you find yourself doing
So—and liking it!
The house is decorated wonderfully and with a slight sense of whimsy – very colorful and full of many books,magazines and more to read and look at. A great mixture of music playing
in the family room, a fire roaring in the dining room and an occasional
child stopping in to make their mom a cup of tea (just enough to make you
really miss any you may have left back at home!). It was great.
This is NOT your grandmother’s Victorian B&B …it’s what a real getaway is all
about. Waking up with the rooster, chickens and a peacock (who thinks he’s
quite hot) while watching a deer and cat hang out with all? Harmony and
I am a frequent visitor of Bed and Breakfasts....and whoever wrote that they were upset for being charged for taking the shampoos and lotions? Well, these where not "little opened put in your purse take homes" - they were "large, opened stay in its place and use it if you would like to" shampoos and lotions. I would have charged you too!
Anyone unhappy with High Meadows must be nuts or entirely too privileged..This place is a treasure – and I was there on a rainy and cold weekend! All was clearly explained to me (and as a side note, I had to cancel a previous visit due to a bad back -- they were very sympathetic that I would miss my getaway. Just call back they said. I rescheduled a week later, no biggie!).
There is plenty to do nearby -- more and more restaurants are moving in --Monticello is close, as well as wineries and shops in Charlottesville. Though I could hang out and watch the grass grow here.
The breakfasts were really good and the presentation was chef worthy--
I’ve taught cooking for over 12 years and know.
All in all five out of five stars…and as Arnold said “I’ll be back”
- Also Known As:
- High Meadows Vineyard Hotel
- High Meadows Vineyard Hotel Scottsville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Meadows Vineyard Inn has been described as whimsical, luxurious, fun, charming...what can that mean for your visit? Well, your experience here will be all about YOU. Whatever you are looking for, we'll help you find it! Great food and comfy beds are just where it starts - we're a bed and breakfast after all. We're happy to help you plan an itinerary that will make the best use of your precious getaway time - and we've got several already designed for foodies, wine lovers (or newbies!), or shoppers. Want the insider info on local happenings? Give a shout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your High Meadows Vineyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.