We did the vineyard tours, included with our booking (Groupon special). This gets you free/discounted wine tastings at the local wineries, and some discounts if you purchase any wine. We got a packed lunch to take with us, which was very yummy and filling. They packed a bottle of water as well to keep us hydrated during the tastings. First Colony was our favorite winery, and is close to the Inn. They try to use local produce with their meals, and it is very flavorful. One breakfast we had lavender/lemon crepes. The next morning we had eggs benedict. They also arranged tickets for us to go to Monticello during our stay, which is a must if you're in the area. A tasting at Jefferson Vineyards is also nice.
Our stay: We stayed in the Robin's Nest room. It's on the top floor of the main house. Charming decor. We struggled somewhat as it was in the upper 90s during our stay, and the AC was not able to keep up. May be better to go in the Spring/Fall and be more comfortable. They do have free WiFI, but we only had access in the main living area, not in our room. Also FYI, no cell service if you have AT&T. They will let you use their phone though. The service is what you would expect from an Inn, but not as much Southern charm as I would have expected.
Location: We would have preferred to be closer to Charlottesville; this place is located 30-40min South of the downtown area.
Best Thing: Didn't need to plan our time during our stay, as many things were included.
Least Favorite Thing: Location. We love Charlottesville, and would have liked to be closer.
- Also Known As:
- High Meadows Vineyard Hotel
- High Meadows Vineyard Hotel Scottsville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Meadows Vineyard Inn has been described as whimsical, luxurious, fun, charming...what can that mean for your visit? Well, your experience here will be all about YOU. Whatever you are looking for, we'll help you find it! Great food and comfy beds are just where it starts - we're a bed and breakfast after all. We're happy to help you plan an itinerary that will make the best use of your precious getaway time - and we've got several already designed for foodies, wine lovers (or newbies!), or shoppers. Want the insider info on local happenings? Give a shout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your High Meadows Vineyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.