“worste ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Sandston B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“worste ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

shower not working,old as..., doesnt look clean, dogs living in rooms, and to top it off couldn't get any wash clothes , cause they didnt hve any more. what the !!!!!workers come to work late, and hung over,maintance never showed to fix the shower

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

To inform everyone that would like to stay at this Red Roof Inn,I would advise you to not do it,because of poor service housekeeping.The only person that you could depend on to fix anything would be Robert Perrin when our family stayed their.He would be the only one that would respone to our needs,when we called for a problem.If it wasn't for him taken care of us we would have left.Thank you Robert for all your help.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stay there 8/4/12.They have Bed Bugs!! I did not notice until 8:30am. Call front desk. She said she would send the maintenance man, he arrives in 15mins. Ok, It takes about 30mins. I called front desk back, he had just arrive, He would be in there. Anyway, maintenance guy comes. I show him the bug. He argues with me that, its not a BED BUG. He said, its a Flea. Lol. Like I'm stupid. Fleas jump. Bed bugs crawl and it was full of blood. Terrible. The maintenance man told me "I would never stay here." He totally talked bad about the hotel. No refund!! They don't give damn. More bumps have showed up since I left. I would never stay there again! Will call BBB and Channel 12 on your side!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Morganton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a very old motel but is well maintained. There are some issues that are being addressed by the staff. I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn many times. They are pet/ people friendly and have always treated me very well. Current management and daytime front desk help leaves a lot to be desired but if you are lucky enough to interact with the long time employees (Tequoria and Jermaine), you will be treated very well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Burke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We only stayed here because the friends we were staying with lost power (along with most of the city) and we couldn't take the heat. This was the first place that finally had rooms available and only smoking ones at that. Let me just list the things that were wrong in the order we came across them:
no door knobs on the closet (really?!)
serious smell of smoke (this wasn't a huge shock but still annoying especially with bronchitis)
no toilet paper
stained/unclean sheets
hole in the comforter
no labels on the phone (front desk, etc.,)
stained tub
had to go get replacement sheets etc. ourselves from the front desk and make our own bed
NOT WORKING TOILET (To make it fully flush we had to fill the tank and bowl with more water from a bucket the maintenance guy gave us!)
stains all over the walls and furniture
2 vacant rooms that were very suspicious: This was the strangest part and ended bringing maintenance guys up because a neighbor was freaking out about bed bugs (we don't think they had those). There were two rooms near us that looks totally trashed and vacant, one even had it's door completely open.
Also, I saw another room that was empty but made-up after being told that we had gotten the last two rooms.
Finally, our friends had another room, also smoking, that was much nicer, for one thing the toilet worked!

Room Tip: Don't get smoking! Supposedly the non-smoking are nicer, I don't know.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Union City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I got room at this hotel via Hotwire, so I was locked in after purchase. I read the prior reviews here about dirty rooms, rude staff, bed bugs, etc and got nervous, but saw that the hotel manager was responding directly to complaints, so I had some hope. I deliberately asked for one of the refurbished rooms upon check-in, having read some frightening reviews of the older rooms. The refurbished room wasn't too bad. It had fairly new paint, but marks on the wall from luggage, people rotating the TV, etc. The door could only be opened by pulling the handle up (not down), but was told by the front desk that the room would eventually be getting a new lock/handle.The carpet didn't look new, but appeared quite clean. The lighting fixtures and furniture looked new, as did the a/c unit. The bathroom sink, counter, and mirror also looked new. The closet had new doors, but one of the handles came off when pulled to open the door. Luckily the other handle was still secure. The closet only had one hangar, so I asked the front desk for more. They only had one spare, so I was able to make do with two hangars. The toilet/shower area was old and worn looking, but clean. The curved shower curtain rod looked new, but it was loose and drooping. I asked for a spare towel, but the front desk didn't have any, so I'd have to wait 'til the next morning for housekeeping to show up (I never bothered to get the extra towel). The bed sheets and bed spread looked clean and fairly new. I did a bed bug check of the mattress (I saw it demonstrated on YouTube) and found nothing suspicious. The mattress & box spring looked new and clean. The free wireless internet had a good signal and decent speed.

Overall I'd say this hotel is ok, if you get a refurbished room. I think the refurbishments could have gone further, to include an all new tub/shower area but it was adequate. The staff during my stay were kind and courteous and the gentlemen who checked me in did what he could to ensure a good stay.

P.S. The price I paid on Hotwire.com was only $3 less than redroof.com's regular rate, so Hotwire was not a good deal. In fact I could have saved even more money booking on Red Roof's website with a promo code and avoided Hotwire's booking fees.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room upon check-in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

By far the worst hotel, couldnt even get a DND sign delivered. Desk Agent told me to write one and hang on my door. Staff was inprofessional and had no idea of the hospitality industry. Agent at desk had on flip flops. Rooms where old dirty and smelled, this is worse than Motel 6 in the worst...nothing worked, I took pictures to back my allegations....WONT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN..People are using this as an extended stay motel, guest cursing at kids, out late drinking & hanging out, Staff was dressed in street clothes

Room Tip: no good room dont stay here...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!