“average” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Tampa, Florida
“average”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Food was good but the people were very rude.Probably they are doing this business first time in life.

Visited June 2012

Chester, Virginia, United States
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

It took 40 minutes rom the time waitress took our order until we received our food. It's a diner so we could watch the cook (SLOW!!). He would only cook one order at a time. There were only 10 customers in the diner at that time...

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mebane, NC
“Average Food. NICE Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I read the other reviews, and decided to give Ma and Pa a chance since I was staying at a local hotel. Took the family to breakfast while traveling, and I will say that the food was just average. The omelets and pancakes were good. Nothing to write home about, but nothing wrong with them either.

I would have never gone to this place if I had not read about it on TripAdvisor, since it is scary from outside, but inside the staff were SUPER FRIENDLY and it seemed clean (worn and old, but clean). Lots of chicken decorations. We were definitely the only out-of-towners; wait staff knew almost everyone else.

If I was in area, I'd go back, but I would not travel off I-95 just to go here.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food greater price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Owner very friendly service excellent value exceptional. Great taste on all items ordered. Would highly recommend don't let the exterior fool you! You don't eat the building.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
S. Calif.
“Great food at low prices - ignore the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

This is a plain looking Mom & Pop diner. That being said, their food is great down-home fare. Their prices are on the low side of reasonable, especially for their daily specials. I ordered baked pork chops. Everything comes with a choice of three sides, most of which are homemade. Corn and greenbeans, for example, are from a can. The fried apples lead the homemade items and are outstanding.

The food was so good, we opted to come back the next day instead of exploring one of Richmond's more upscale dining choices. This time it was ham and cabbage - an entire half head. The desserts are homemade and both times we shared one of their generous servings. Their efforts are a homerun - just don't expect an upscale atmosphere.