“Good for one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Sandwich, MA
“Good for one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed for one night on our way down south. Room was clean and had everything we needed for one night. Room was small but if you want a larger room reserve one with 2 beds, will give you more floor space. Also provided a continental breakfast. Staff was pleasant. Can't beat the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

If we weren't so tired, we definitely would have found a different hotel. The room was an outdated and over-used wreck. Dingy walls, mold in the mortar of the bathroom tile, peeling wallpaper, rusty bathroom fixtures, antique TV...
And the final disappointment was finding out the shower didn't work in the morning! On checkout, I told the desk clerk about the shower, and he admitted that he knew about it "being tricky" and said that I should have called him to come show me how to use it. My reply was that I have never needed instructions on how to use the shower. (who wants a stranger in their room before they're showered and dressed?) I said that people need a hotel room for a bed and a shower - and that they only delivered half, and that I wanted the price adjusted. He took a mere $8.00 off the price. At that point I left in disgust and decided to write the first review of my life.

• Stayed September 2011
STAUNTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Yes the room was small but clean and for the money it is worth every bit. Friendly staff. You can upgrade to a suite for a little more.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I reserved a room for myself, 1 queen bed, and this is really poorly laid out. The TV (20") is on top of a closet, and the only way you can actually see it is if you're laying on the bed, or if you're leaning way back in your creaky chair at the tiny desk. The "workout room" consists of a bike and a treadmill. As it's an airport hotel, you can really hear the planes coming in and out. Like I said in the title, it's a tiny room, this can't be more than 150 square feet, and I include the bathroom. Nonetheless, the staff are nice and the price is right.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I don't know what people expect from a $50 a night hotel, but I was very pleased with my stay here. I generally look for Microtels on the road because they are mostly clean and certainly worlds apart from a Super 8 or (gasp) Motel 6. Because of the holiday weekend, I was expecting to find nothing less than $79-119 a night on my way home, but this gem was well worth the drive over from 95. Clean, comfortable room with great A/C, friendly staff at check-in. They even have a fitness center, something I haven't seen before at a Microtel. I would definitely stay here again if passing through. If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton, then this is not for you, but if all you need is a safe, fairly clean place to lay your head without spending a fortune, you should check them out. Free parking and free high speed internet as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
paonia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Horrible. Dirty. Unsafe. There is no shuttle; costs $10 in taxi to go less than two miles. Hotel has a van but is too cheap to use it. Rooms are tiny. Walls are filthy and thin. Right under flight path. The door from the stairs to the second floor was locked. This is a major fire hazard since firefighters can't access the floor from one end. Owner (DJ Desai) knows of this problem because I asked him. The lighting in rooms is poorly located and poor quality for working. The breakfast was truly lousy--poor juice, frozen cream cheese, spoiled apples. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Shame on Wyndham.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

These rooms were so small and clostrophobic, even though I prepaid, I paid an additional $30 for an upgrade to a suite. After the third room I was finally settled. There were no lamps in the rooms, only florescent strips behind boards at the ceiling. I was not able to get on the internet after hours of trying, but yet was able to connect to the hotel across the parking lot (if only I had a room there for the pass code). I wanted to make my second night - one night later - but was told because I prepaid, I could not do it. Therefore, I lost my second nights stay. It was a great location, near the airport, functional, but not fancy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!