“Felt as comfortable as home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Sandston
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Felt as comfortable as home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I won't lie, I was really not sure what to expect from this Hampton Inn. I have always loved and trusted Hampton hotels, but had a bad experience in another state that left me nervous. Incredibly easy to find and beautifully maintained building reassured me as I pulled in that my stay would be a good one. The friendly front desk clerk had our keys ready to go and we were on our way to our room in minutes. I loved the design of the building as well. There was a front entrance and on the opposite side, where more parking was available from the back of the building , a back entrance right across that led right to elevators and lobby as well. There were no confusing hallways to navigate, etc. Lobby is beautifully maintained. This hotel is extremely clean. Outside entrances, lobby, elevators, hallways and other public areas were impressively modern and clean. Our room was such a relief to come into after a long, stressful drive. Modern and beautifully decorated. Absolutely immaculate! I wish we could have stayed more than one night. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was busy, but the large lobby offered enough dining space for all breakfast guests. We kept the kitchen staff very busy replenishing cereal, fresh fruit, pastries and other hot food items. They were so kind and helpful, especially after a few failed waffle attempts! Checkout was a breeze. I will be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Wow it made me so happy to see you felt as comfortable as at home. We are constantly striving to make every guest feel that way, and I'm so glad to see we were successful with you! And thank you for your comments about our building! We know the last thing someone wants to do after navigating through airport hallways or interstates is get lost in a hotel hallway! Please come back to see us next time you are in town!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent experience from initial call right through check-out...well done! The staff was always friendly and helpful, the free shuttle from the airport was nice, and the room was great. Will happily use again if I'm visit Richmond again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am so glad to see you thought our staff was so friendly! We really believe that the only way to be a great hotel is to be warm and friendly to everyone who steps through our doors. Hopefully we will see you next time you are in town!
Ashburn, Va, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here on night for an early morning flight. The rooms are upscale with a great flat screen, and very comfortable king bed. Felt like a Mariott or Hilton. Very convenient for the airport with friendly shuttle driver. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! It is so important for us to receive feedback to find out how we are doing. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay here, and we all hope you come back to see us next time you are in town!
Cary, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The reason for the stay was to attend to business concerns and the schedule was grueling. One of the bright points of the trip was that everyone (every.single.person) at this Hampton was extremely helpful and friendly. Swimming pools and complimentary breakfasts only go so far..the hotel that people want to return to is the one that made them feel welcomed. And this particular hotel gets it right! Kudos to the staff :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reading your review really brightened my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words! I absolutely love hearing guests compliment the staff here. We try so hard to make everyone feel welcome, and I'm glad we succeeded with you! Please come back to see us next time you are in town!
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Right at the airport, was able to drop off our rental car the night before it was due (saved some $) and Hampton Inn, picked us up at the airport and then took us there very early the next morning for our flight. Courteous reception and comfortable night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad to see you believed we were a great place for an airport traveler! We try very hard to make our hotel a comforting place for travelers to relax and unwind. Please come back to see us next time you are in town!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, the hotel's unique decor had us all interested. It's a beautifully decorated property! I stepped into the elevator with my mom and read the sign "OMG-TBISC".
Having no idea what it meant. Then I saw in small text "oh my gosh this bed is so clean"!
We got to our room and the beds were cleaner than ever.
Their on the house breakfast was wonderful with a great variety! Yvette was an amazing help. I myself work at a hotel and I love seeing employees who enjoy serving others. Yvette was always asking guests if she could assist with anything else..... And always with a smile on her face. In addition the hotel has an indoor pool and fitness center. If I'm ever in Richmond again, I would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013
I loved reading the lovely review you wrote about your stay here! I am always delighted to see a guest so happy about their stay. We love having you here, and we owe everything we have accomplished to guests like you. Please come back to see us!
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Would stay here again! The rooms were very clean, comfortable and close to the airport. Breakfast was provided. The staff were very friendly,and they were helpful as well. All in all, itwas a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your great review! I always love to read comments about the friendliness of our staff here. We try so hard to make sure every guest feels welcome and at home at our hotel. Please come back to see us next time you are in town!

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!