“Usual Hampton experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Ligonier PA
“Usual Hampton experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The usual Hampton experience: clean property, comfortable bed, nice pool, standard breakfast. Surprised that king suite did not include sofa bed: rollaway $15 extra. Plenty of parking; a couple of malls within minutes. Excellent access to interstates.

Room Tip: King suite will sleep only two unless you bring own bedding or buy rollaway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Valued Hampton Inn Guest, I appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am sorry that you weren't happy that your room did not have a sleeper sofa in it. We are primarily a corporate based hotel, so we only have standard rooms one with a king size bed and one with two queen size beds. We do have rollaway beds available to accomodate for larger parties, and I am happy to know that the rollaway bed helped with your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this great review. We love having you here!

Tonya Hopkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

One of the better Hampton inns and price was excellent! Very clean & comfortable. We were moving our daughter to Richmond, so will be making visits to Richmond in the future - this is where we will stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It really means a lot to our staff to know that they are doing a great job.

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed staying at our property and will be coming back. Being only 10 miles from Richmond City it makes us a perfect location for those who want to visit but don't want the hustle and bustle.

I hope to see you again soon, we love having you here!
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here twice this week and was not disappointed. The staff are helpful and friendly, the hotel is clean and offers the high standard that you come to expect from Hampton? There are also lots of chain style restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Only a mile or so from the airport but plane noise was not a problem
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for our property. It is reviews like this that help us to get the outstanding reputation that we have. It was a pleasure having you as a guest at our property and I will make sure to let all of my employees that they have made another guest very happy.

We love having you here!
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Came to Virginia to visit my dad. This hotel was great. Worked out well that on the floor my husband and daughter were staying on was all young families with other small children. Hotel for being crowded was very quiet. The pool was great, chilly but great. Breakfast was better Saturday then Sunday due to option selection but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Another great thing for this hotel being as close to the airport we did not hear many planes which was really nice. Would highly recommend and would visit again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It makes me so proud to know that my staff has made yet another loyal customer!

I am sorry to hear that you were not as happy with breakfast on Sunday as you were on Saturday. After a very busy summer we have started putting some new plans in motion which will help our breakfast food variety very much.

I hope that you come to see us again, we love having you here!

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I travel all over the USA and choose Hampton Inns for the majority of my stays. This is a new property and is well maintained. My room was in excellent condition and everything was very clean and bright. I used the wired Internet connection in my room and had no problems. It is very close to the airport so it's a good choice if you are heading out early the next morning.

My only complaint was that the air conditioner was extremely loud. I'm used to these "window shaker" style of units and all of them emit some noise. But this has to be one of the loudest I've encountered which was surprising since everything here looks new. I would have just turned it off and accepted whatever temperature I had but that's not a great option on a hot July night.

If you are not a heavy sleeper you might want to consider staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I am happy to hear that the condition of our rooms met your expectations. We try very hard to ensure that every room looks brand new for our guests. We pride ourselves on having clean, comfortable rooms.

I am so sorry to hear that you had an issue with the air conditioning in your room. We have been having an unbearingly hot summer here in Richmond, VA. With weather above 100 degrees our air conditioners have been working very hard to cool our rooms. Our maintenance department has been working on this issue very hard for the past month and I am sure that this will not be a reoccurring problem.

Thank you for your review, I hope to see you at the Hampton Inn again.

Selma,NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn on numerous visits to Colonial Downs. This stay did not meet the high standards we had experienced before. I don't think a single employeed displayed a positive attitude!
The young lady at Sunday breakfast was about the worse! The breakfast area was not rushed and she still did a poor job of keeping items on the bar. Add TV problems, weak shower pressure and this definitely was not a typical Hampton Inn facility. Every business has an off day and I hope this is what happened. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Some people have trouble with the airport noise but we have never had any problems. We won't let this one negative experience keep us from staying here again, but certainly hope that this weekend was not the beginning of a trend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your loyalty to our Hampton Inn, it make us so happy to know that we have made past stays so wonderful that you have returned. We love having you here!

I can assure you that we are doing everything in our power to be better prepared for our sold out weekends. Our goal is 100% satisfaction for every guest, which we back with a 100% satisfaction guarantee "If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay".

Please also keep in mind for future visits, we always have a manager on duty that you can reach out to during your stay. They will be happy to help with any problems that you are having and will have an immediate solution for you.

Sincerley,

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here ahead of an early flight, great clean room with quick shuttle to airport. Return pickup was quick and easy, flying out of Richmond, this is a great option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Park Stay and Go rate package! We are finding that more and more guests are taking advantage of this fast and easy way to travel from the Richmond Airport.

I will let my shuttle staff know that they are doing a fabulous job, they will be happy to know that they have made another guest happy with their service.

Thank you so much and come see us again!

Tonya Hopkins

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!