“Misrepresentation and terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Richmond Airport
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5408 Williamsburg Rd., Sandston, VA 23150   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
VA
“Misrepresentation and terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We traveled as part of a school group to the Richmond area. The previous reviews about the service were spot-on! Prior to the trip, my colleague had contacted the manager and made arrangements concerning our tax-exempt status and payment options. When we arrived, we approached the attendant behind the walk-up window, as the lobby was locked at 8:30 in the evening. Tiffany was incredibly rude and would not accept the payment prepared by the school, or grant our tax-exempt status. When we asked to speak to manager, she made a phone call, spoke briefly, hung up and refused to honor the terms of the booking once again. We again asked to speak to the manager, and all of a sudden the manager was mysteriously unreachable. While waiting for the manager to "call back" she ignored us, put her earbuds in, and played with her iPod. Once we had to use a personal method of payment to have a place to stay for the night, she shoved keys at us with barely a word of acknowledgement. One of the keys did not work, and when we asked her to please re-key the card for us she did not speak at all. Despite the service received from Tiffany, we remained polite and friendly. I can not say this courtesy was returned to us.
The rooms were also terrible. The beds were comfortable enough, I suppose, and the bathrooms appeared to be recently refitted, as there was fresh molding on the door jamb to the toilet/shower area. However, those are the only compliments I can muster. In that "new" bathroom, my shoes stuck terribly to the floor, and there was no toilet-paper holder! The bedspreads in several of the rooms allocated to our group had holes in them, and there were disgusting looking whitish stains on the carpet. Rooms did not all have evacuation information on the backs of the doors, but there was disgusting adhesive residue with stains and detritus stuck in it on the backs of the doors.
Very few people in our group were able to sleep due to the large number of intoxicated guests stomping up and down the metal stairs outside of the room, yelling, and speeding in and out in vehicles. Just as we would start to drift off to sleep, another loud noise would jar us back awake. Inside the room the refrigerator had to be unplugged due to the loud noise it made, and the bathroom light/fan combo made an even worse grinding noise if it was in use. The toilet ran all-night. I did not attempt to contact the desk for them to offer a solution due to the terrible service received on check-in. Surprisingly, the trains and airplanes coming and going throughout the night were not an issue.
This is the first time I have EVER seen a group of teenagers up and ready to go far before the 7:30 AM time to leave! It's a good thing, as we had to leave to find breakfast. The "free continental breakfast" was nothing more than a coffee pot in the lobby.
Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Anywhere else would be better than this establishment.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Myself and a friend were in town from WV to have my race car tuned at Performance Auto Sport in Richmond. When we pull up with a car on a trailer, we got all the wrong kinds of attention. Curtains opened, people pointed and got others to come look.

There were obvious "transactions" taking place in the parking lot. I have never felt so uneasy in my life and I carry a gun everywhere I go.

We went to walmart to buy security chains to secure the trailer, car, and truck. However, upon returning, decided it was safer to go elsewhere and got a refund. Ended up going to the Holiday Inn Express 5 min away and it was like a different world. It was twice the price, but at least we weren't killed and/or robbed.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I can only comment on the customer service, because i never made it to the room. The girl sitting at the front desk was the rudest check in person i've ever encountered. It took her at least 2 min. to even acknowledge i was there...Then she proceeded to roll her eyes, slamming dam paperwork for me to sign, like she was doing me a favor or something..... until i got fed up...told her to give me a refund, and i left..

Room Tip: there is no tip you shouldn't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Bed BUGS!!!!! Lots of them. I beg of you, as I sit here itching at a ten, on a scale from 1 to 10 with ten being the itchiest, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, stay at this infested place.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winter Garden, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Well if you want to find out how to do those three things and more make sure to stay at this hotel. Not only was this place the most dirty hotel I have ever been to but they refused to give me towels when I asked for me answering saying that " they are being washed" for over 3 hours. The walls were dirty, the bathroom smelled, no place for a plug for my phone, no TV. Not to mention they charged us two times, and we had a hard time getting our money back. NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Ok, so i stayed at this hotel around July. I came from California from a business trip. When i entered around midnight first thing i noticed were a couple of teen guys making noises. Then they started looking in cars for something. Well i ignored that and kept walking until i got to the front desk. The girl was rude. She gave me a room next to the teens even though i asked her not to give me a room next to theirs. I paid 50 dollars which was pretty cheap but not worth it. It was dangerous. I told the guys to be quite around 3 in the morning (they were drunk) but they started throwing stuff at me so i ended up just going to the Marriott across the airport. NEVER EVER WILL I STAY AT A CHEAP PLACE AGAIN. WORSE HOTEL

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

OK, where to start? I was in VIRGINIA BEACH, staying in the hotelon the ATLANTIC ocean and the next day spent all day On the BEACH close to NORTH CAROLINA boarder.
I thought that to get from there to ECONOD LODGE RIC would be only 1 HOUR. but It was miscalculation on my part: it was about 2 hours +.
I Booked hotel in advance online, and when I arrived at about 10 PM, for just to spend a nightin the hotel, and to sleep take showers and move on Up NORTH, home-
I was aware that it is not a vey expensive hotel and probably has flows. It started from the beginning,
I booked a non smocking room, but when i got to the hotel only smocking rooms were available.
On the first floor.
when I was in the front desk lobby, there was Police came and go, and Came and Go again 2 times about someone in the hotel .or around,
I opened the DOORS (it was over 100 F last summer and it was hot) to ventilate the room. Little help and dangerous,
there was a company of young people next door ,who celebrated someething very loud,
and were noisy at 1 AM-2 AM.
I looked out form my window and i saw that 2 young men looking in my car. Like they are looking what is inside.
i got dressed and changed location of parking of my car at that time 1-2 AM.
I moved my car closer to the FRONT ENTRANCE under lights.
but when I returned back to my room, I saw 2 young men, one in yellow pants, without shirt nad large letters Old English Tattoes from one shoulder to another shoulder ovr his chest with golden yellow chain and hat baseball hat turned around on his head like Lil Wayne, he ws young black man His partner was latin man dressed in green jersey, large chains golden chain on the neck, they were standing at my windows of my room and loud talked
I asked them to leave the position because it is loud talking and I can hear it and i want to sleep and move on at 6AM.
they laughed at me, they were intoxicated and I was stupid to enter in this argument.
I said that if they dont go away i will call the police.
The yellow pants man laughed at me: Oh really? the POLICE are our freinds and they will not listen to you.
i gave up, and closed the door, but called to the front desk and ask for the REFUND and that i am LEVAING NOW.

I told to the GIRL who was on Night shift what happened and I am afraid that they will vandalize my car in vendetta.

She listened to me and she said; Dont worrry i know who is this and I know what POLICE they are talking about.

It was 2 AM.
There were bags in the ZINK and on the floor.
i took showers, placed towels all over the floor from showers to the bed and tried to sleep until 6 AM and I left between 6 and 7 AM.

no i dont think I will be coming back there,
I already wrote aletter about it to their president and they refunded to me and in addition sent to me acheck $20 for disturbances.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!