“Cindy - Shuttle Bus Driver” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Cindy - Shuttle Bus Driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this property and were very pleased with the Hotel, Location, Cleanliness and the Shuttle Service they provide to RIC. We were fortunate enough to get the same driver both going to and returning from the airport. Her name is Cindy and she was a pleasure to ride with. She was pleasant and got us to and from the airport very efficiently. She was also very helpful with our luggage. Having a person such as Cindy helps reduce the stress of getting around during a confusing time. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MICHAEL B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest
Thanks a bunch for leaving your comments. I also want you to know that I have Passed on a copy of your comments to Cindy and on her behave and We thank you and we are pleased that you found her service to be outstanding. Hopefully she will be able to serve you once more when you return .

Michael Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The rooms are small but clean. Our initial impression was not as good as the room actually turned out. There were a couple families next door to us and across the hall that were going back and forth between rooms. Once we closed our door, we never heard anything more and were able to get a good night's sleep so the rooms are pretty soundproof.

The breakfast area is very small and not attended. It needed some updating and cleaning. We understand there is some remodeling happening but we never saw any of it. One of the elevators was not working and I think that was due to the work being done.

If you are looking for an economical one night stay, this could be the place for you. It is not the Hilton and you should not expect anything grand, but the rooms and beds are clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thanks for taking time to leave your comments. I would like to inform you that over the next year we will be continuing our renovations to include remodeling the Breakfast area and Exercise area to increase its size.

East Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Check in was quick & smooth. Room 123 was well furished. A queen or king comfortable bed, with four pillows., Three drawer . Writing desk, with lamp & chair. Lamp has two electrical outlets.,Mico/fridge, coffee maker. Small closet, with 8 wooden hangers. Iron & board..

Bath room with tub/shower combo. Safely handle on side wall. Plenty of towels. Hair dryer. A combination of shampoo, conditioner & body lotion. One item I have never encounted in any motel, A porcelain soap dish.

A flat screen tv on the chest, with 48 channels. 02 is the guide.

The lobby is good size, with a lower seating area, with two medium couches & two comfort chairs.Next door is a private room with a guest computer. For breakfast I walked to a nearby Waffle House. Also for breakfast is Anut Saraha's Pancake House and Ma & Pa's Diner. Other eateries are Arby's and a Burger King across Williamsburg Road. An excellent restaurant is The Mexico Restaurant just west of Burger KIng.

This facility is located in a quiet neighborhood. All parking is along the side of the motel, with more spaces at end of facility. I counted seven handicapped spaces. Also is a fenced in pool.

THe only problem I encounted was a loose toilet flush handle. This was reported and promptly fixed.

For ease of entering, two sets of automatic slliding door help. Also four luggage racks on large wheels. On the first floor are candy, soda and ice machines. Have no idea if other floors are supplied. THis is a 100% smoke free facility. If smoking occurs in a guest's room, a $150.00 cleaning fee will be billed to a guest's account.

I would have no hesitation to stay again. With the room's cleanness, comfortable bed, location, the porcelain soap dish, sliding entrance doors & large luggage,the last three factors unexpected. invite me back. I stayed at four motels during a 10 day trip, putting Best Western at # 1.

Jack l., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thanks You for posting your comments regarding your stay. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed everything. hope to see you again.

Manor, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wife and i stayed 2 days while visiting grandson in local hospital. They had construction going on on first floor but second floor was very nice. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help you. Hot breakfast was better than some restraunts. We will be staying there again if we have to come down from Pittsburgh again. You cant beat the rates and service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MICHAEL B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello Guest
Thanks for taking time to leave your comments. I am pleased that you have a great stay while visiting your family. Yes our renovations will be completed soon, hopfully you will have a chance to revisit us around the holidays to see the finished products.

Happy Travels to you
Michael Brown, GM
South Boston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our room reservation was for a smoking room with 2 double beds and we had a special request for a first floor room because the person I'm travelling with is handicapped. When we arrived at the hotel (which looked nice from the outside) we were informed that there are no first floor rooms due to renovations that have been going on for the past 2 months (a month before I made the reservation). Instead, they gave us a top floor room which wasn't very close to the elevator. We were getting upset. Also, because of the renovations, only 1 of the hotel's 2 elevators is actually usable.

When we finally got to the room we were greeted with a sign that informed us that if we smoke in the room, we would have to pay a $150 cleaning fee. I went back downstairs and complained to the manager and showed him my reservation conformation that clearly stated that we had booked a smoking room. I was then informed that the hotel had switched to completely non-smoking and that we would be charged that fee despite the fact that we had paid for a smoking room specifically. Needless to say, we smoked a lot less while we were there becaus of this.

Now, we were informed that our room was recently renovated as well. The flat screen TVs were better than the old CRT TVs that are shown on the Best Western website. However, that was the only good thing that had been done to the room as far as we could tell. The toilet will not stop running, the stoppers in the sink and tub would not stay up (we had to unscrew the one in the sink and use something to prop open the one for the tub), no real fan in the bathroom - just a vent that doesn't seem to do anything, the "clean remote" which they added for the TV was the biggest piece of garbage of a remote that I have ever seen - most of the buttons don't do what they're supposed to do and do other things instead. The wifi at the hotel is very slow and seems to go out about every hour during just about any time of day/night

The free breakfast was not very good. Not much selection and extremely noisy due to the renovations. The pool looked promising if someone would fish out all the leaves on the surface. The "gym" is 5 different machines in a tiny room with an empty water cooler and a full length mirror on one of the walls to make the packed little room appear bigger to those who peeked in the door from the hallway. I can see why they keep this open 24 hours a day... no one would want to use it as it is.

All in all this was a very disappointing experience and I will not be returning to this hellish place. The bed was nice but everything else was horrid.

Room Tip: Travellers beware! Things might be better when they finish renovations but I would stay away for now...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Guest
Thank You for taking a moment to leave your personal comments regarding your visit. I would like to address what i can now, but I hope you would call me directly at the hotel to further discuss your experience.
Yes we are in the process of finishing up the renovation which in fact did cause us to close down the smoking rooms. Our apologies for not notifying you in advance that your smoking preference would not be available, however we feel its more important to make sure we have accommodations available for all guest first, your preferences come second as we cannot always promise certain request or preferences.
Glad that you liked the new flat screens. The Clean remotes are programmed to operate the basic functions the guest would need watch the televison. The other functions you may have tried to operate such as the menu, pause, etc are not active for your used as they are not needed.
The bathroom issues, again I apologize for your experience. A visit from the maintenance department would have taken care of those matters, we dont want you sitting in a room with issues, id rather you notify us at the desk immediately so we can get that matter addresses.
Breakfast, I always ask guest to give me feedback on what they would like to see served during breakfast. We do change our menu each day to suit our long term guest, as they like to see the variety. I do agpologize if whatever we served that day was not to your liking.
The gym is also due to be renovated. The pool is located outside and we do attend to it each and every hour as we do not have a lifeguard on duty, being an outside pool under the cover of trees a leaf or two may find its way into the pool but once we are aware of the situation our team is on top of skimming the pool.
Lastly, you noted that you spoke with a Manager, I would like to say that it was not me you spoke with, so if you could take some time to call and talk to me directly about your experience i would appreciate it and hopefully i can do something for you.

Thanks
Michael Brown, GM
Kennesaw, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night after a long day of driving and it was nice to have a renovated bedroom with a microwave and fridge. What wasn't too nice was the below average breakfast they served. I paid $68 and that's not including tax and I felt it was a little too high for the area. All in all it wasn't my favorite but I had worse.

• Stayed June 2013
MICHAEL B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest
I apologize that you didnt find our breakfast or our lowest rate to be what you expected. I ask that you please call me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss the breakfast tiems and what you would like to see offered. Thanks for your comments and i hope to hear from you soon.

Michael Brown

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!