“Contiued fine service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Nashville, Tennessee
“Contiued fine service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been to this Doubletree several times for a business meeting. I have always been impressed with the property but most impressed with the staff who even remember me from year to year. It is well-maintained and clean. Very convneient to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stacy P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Steve D - Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Livingston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on arrival and departure for a business trip in USA. The staff are all vert friendly and the food was really good.
Both rooms I stayed in were in need of modernisation as could a lot of the communal areas of the hotel.
Excellent shuttle bus service to and from airport terminal, so ideal for the travellers.
This could be a fantastic hotel if it is refurbished, hopefully they do not refurbish the staff as they are very helpful.

Room Tip: Room prices are very good for an airport hotel, if you can go for one of their suites for the extra...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear R5GJM - thank you very much for the review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate the excellent compliments about our staff and services. We hope to see you again soon!

Staunton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Numerous times I have left my car here when flying out of Richmond. I love the property and the fact that the shuttle runs every 15 minutes and is only a couple minutes from the airport! Remember to call them though for pick up when you arrive at the airport. I was here twice in October and the only problem I had upon my midnight return flight was that I totally could not hear the young lady who answered the front desk phone Oct. 28--way way way too soft a voice or else the phone was messed up. She didn't sound very happy that I had to keep repeating that I couldn't hear her.

The cookie that night was cold but so what? It was after midnight!

An issue serious to me though is that at his property and at SO MANY others, I find only One regular coffee pack for the room's coffeemaker or even None!! There consistently seems to be 2 or more of the Decaf coffees though!! This drives me nuts since I Love and Need regular coffee. I have started to carry my own with me rather than chase down the housekeeping staff for what should have been in the room to start with.

I like the atmosphere of this hotel and the cheery restaurant too. I will keep staying here whenever I fly from Richmond

Room Tip: The elevator shaft seems to be loud here so request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Foamergirl - Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate feedback from a valued, repeat guest. We will certainly pay closer attention to the number of regular cofee packets put in our guestrooms, thank you for pointing that out. Again, thank you and when your travels bring you back to Richmond International Airport, we hope to see you then.

Richmond, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I love Hilton but this hotel is an upscale Best Western, at best. I can't believe they put the DoubleTree name on this. The only positive I can say is that room service food was great. They are doing remodeling (what took so long??) but as of October 2013, the hotel itself is not what you think a Hilton would be.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kevin K - thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I will contact you directly to get some details about your stay. Thank you again and I hope to speak to you soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was not supposed to be in Richmond but so I went. Got to the airport late and waited for the shuttle with the rest if the people.

The shuttle only had 5 seats which were all occupied. I was on the back which I didn't mind but I've noticed that it didn't have a mesh to separate the luggage from the seat. One little stumble in the road and I would have gotten hit

There was only one person checking in and 7people waiting in line.
Got the my room and the ac wouldn't shut off, the blackout wouldn't close all the way. Needless to say, I heard the ac noise all night, grabbed the blanket but I was awake early because of the sunlight.

I wanted some tea so I put water in the coffee maker. Apparently it was not washed thoroughly because the water was yellowish and with coffee flavor.

The bathroom was dark( there was no light over the tub only by the mirror which was not enough.

I appreciate the room had a fridge and extra room (of course the cookie!!!) but those other details didn't make up for it.

Maybe next time around???

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stacy P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear CecibelB - thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay. Your input is valuable and we are looking into and addressing the issues you outlined. Thank you again.

Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Although our extended weekend stay did not require use of the adjoining airport (we were attending a festival nearby and visiting friends in downtown Richmond), we loved this hotel. The entire staff were always smiling and greeting us wherever we were....in the hallway, at the front desk, in the restaurant. Rooms are immaculate, well appointed and the beds are perfect in every way....great fresh linens and plentiful pillows. The only age issue that showed was in the bathroom, which is also well appointed and very clean (Crabtree and Evelyn amenities), was the bathtub and faucet. Showed age but clean. Faucet handle was broken but functioning. Water pressure was not good. So, one small issue out of an otherwise perfect stay. Oh, try the breakfast buffet in the restaurant.......fantastic!!!!! and reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear PhilTMyrtleBeach - thanky ou so much for the great review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is truly valuable and wehope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I always stay at the Doubletree Richmond airport when flying, as I use the park and fly package. Its very easy and reasonably priced to keep your car in their lot and use their shuttle to get to and from the airport, which is just across the street. The hotel itself is currently being upgraded with new tvs, and the highest speed Internet. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the warm, chocolate chip cookies on arrival are a welcomed treat! The folks at the front desk are always very friendly and welcome me by name as soon as I walk in the door. Even though there are other hotel options in the area, I will continue to use the Doubletree every time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Schweikg - thank you so much for the excellent review about your recent stay with us! We hope the next time your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area, you will stay with us.

stacy@doubletreerichmond.com

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!