“A One Nighter near the Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Richmond Airport

You added Quality Inn Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Richmond Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5203 Williamsburg Road, Sandston, VA 23150 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Richmond Airport)   |
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Mint Hill, North Carolina
“A One Nighter near the Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed near Richmond's airport so that we could make a quick get-away. It's conveniently located maybe 5 minutes from the airport property plus, there's a Burger King less than a block away. It's an older motel, 6 stories high with old, slow elevators. This wasn't a problem, even on a weekend. Quality Inn is one of the choice hotels. I use them often because the prices are very reasonable, they have free wireless and they serve a free breakfast in the mornings. Our room was in a quiet area, or perhaps there weren't many people staying there on this occasion. The room has a desk area, good for trying out their wireless internet. At first glance, one might think that the hotel is short on electrical outlets, but by the TV is a power strip. This is good for the laptops and any other electronic device which might need to be charged. The bathroom seemed nice enough, but the walls of the shower area/bathtub area seems to have suffered some scraping or scarring. It didn't look too good but it was functional. When we turned out the lights, we both went "out like a light". The mattress was very comfortable. On Sunday morning we got ready to check out, but we wanted to eat before leaving. Unfortunately, the person at the front desk said that the person responsible for getting the breakfast together had not been seen. I had never had this experience in a choice hotel. On weekends, the breakfast usually starts later than during the week. We were there at 7AM, hoping to be there when it opened. After receiving the bad news about the breakfast, my wife chose to wait 30 minutes just in case the person did show. No luck! We left and stopped at the Burger King drive-thru for breakfast. The person at the front desk did say that this had never happened before. I would probably have said the same thing. One other curious thing. The area outside the breakfast area/ night club area has public restrooms. The men's restroom toilets had no doors on them. That's all I can say.

Room Tip: On Saturday nights, there's a night club downstairs which plays music. We were on the top floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed here before, but it seems this is slipping. I almost think that most of their income derives from the night club, which the day staff tends to desparage. Breakfast is okay, but in the night club, with dim lighting, though devoid of beer and liquor odors. My room seemed to have a mustry odor on entering, though it went away. Still things like coffee, pens, toiletries were non-existent or in short supply. My elite status was recognized, but there was no morning paper. The price was right and I may stay here again if I can't get a code for on line reservation for a better price.

Room Tip: Stay away from the club on the weekends
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I don't understand all these negative reviews on this hotel. I stay here often and never had a problem. Never seen mold or bugs or smelled any odors. I think people over exaggerate. Why would you drive 2 hours and drive back instead of going to another one? Plus it's not smoke free and all the pet rooms are smoking rooms. I always had a pleasant stay and the staff is always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as a much needed weekend getaway for me and my daughter. We took our dog with us. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon. There was no one at the front desk. I went to the restroom and didn't have toilet paper in the first 2 stalls. No soap, no paper towels. The clerk, who was polite and gracious, seemed to be alone running the large hotel. No housekeeping available. The rooms are old, outdated and smelled like smoke. It's supposed to be a smoke-free hotel. Mold in the bathroom. Comforter had holes in it. I had enough when I saw the bugs! I checked out and drove 2 hours back home. I refused to give my hard earned money for this. I've stayed at other Choice Hotels and pet friendly hotels and the experience was always positive. Don't stay here! It needs a major renovation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have actually stay at this hotel several times the staff has always been very helpful & nice. Never had any problems with my room always fresh & clean I always spot check my rooms for any problems bugs not clean or a smoking odor in a non smoking room. I dont have to second look at this place everything is always right. Great location & live entertainment right on site. Since I started to stay more often Ken the desk manager introduce me to the Choice Privelage Program I love it!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Waco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked this room for some friends since they were visiting the area and wanted to save some money. As a Choice Employee, I chose this location because it was near where they needed to be. They paid BAR rate instead me booking the Choice Friends & Family rate. Once they got checked in, I received a phone call about the hair in the sink, they were moved into another room almost immediately. Then the second room had bugs of some sort in the bathtub. They also complained of a loud musty odor throughout the hotel. I was so embarrassed because here I am booking a room for my friends whom I care much about and this is what they got? I assured them that not ALL of our Choice properties are like this. The website photos shows images of a hot breakfast being served. Call us crazy but we pay close attention to detail. They were told that the only thing hot on the breakfast menu was the waffles. They also mentioned something about a Night Club at the hotel?? I didn't believe until after I read a few other reviews. I'm not one to give negative feedback, but I can assure I will not use this location ever again until they bring this property up to Choice Standards. If I can't find another Choice property to use that will be suitable for either myself or my friends, I will use the discounts allowed me with Hilton and Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is OLD and if you have the pleasure of stumbling in on a Friday night, you get to walk among the 30 and up clubgoers who loiter in the lobby and argue in the parking lot. Oh yeah, there was what quite possibly could've been a pimp in the parking lot too. For $90, we knew we weren't getting the best hotel but we figured since we were just using this place as a place to get a few hours of sleep on the way to our ultimate destination that we would be able to deal with a lower end hotel. We were wrong.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!