“Great place to stay great staff nice rooms ��������” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Richmond Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5203 Williamsburg Road, Sandston, VA 23150 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Richmond Airport)   |
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
“Great place to stay great staff nice rooms ��������”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have actually stay at this hotel several times the staff has always been very helpful & nice. Never had any problems with my room always fresh & clean I always spot check my rooms for any problems bugs not clean or a smoking odor in a non smoking room. I dont have to second look at this place everything is always right. Great location & live entertainment right on site. Since I started to stay more often Ken the desk manager introduce me to the Choice Privelage Program I love it!!!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Waco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked this room for some friends since they were visiting the area and wanted to save some money. As a Choice Employee, I chose this location because it was near where they needed to be. They paid BAR rate instead me booking the Choice Friends & Family rate. Once they got checked in, I received a phone call about the hair in the sink, they were moved into another room almost immediately. Then the second room had bugs of some sort in the bathtub. They also complained of a loud musty odor throughout the hotel. I was so embarrassed because here I am booking a room for my friends whom I care much about and this is what they got? I assured them that not ALL of our Choice properties are like this. The website photos shows images of a hot breakfast being served. Call us crazy but we pay close attention to detail. They were told that the only thing hot on the breakfast menu was the waffles. They also mentioned something about a Night Club at the hotel?? I didn't believe until after I read a few other reviews. I'm not one to give negative feedback, but I can assure I will not use this location ever again until they bring this property up to Choice Standards. If I can't find another Choice property to use that will be suitable for either myself or my friends, I will use the discounts allowed me with Hilton and Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is OLD and if you have the pleasure of stumbling in on a Friday night, you get to walk among the 30 and up clubgoers who loiter in the lobby and argue in the parking lot. Oh yeah, there was what quite possibly could've been a pimp in the parking lot too. For $90, we knew we weren't getting the best hotel but we figured since we were just using this place as a place to get a few hours of sleep on the way to our ultimate destination that we would be able to deal with a lower end hotel. We were wrong.

• Stayed March 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Seriously. The first room had stains and burns in the sheets. The second room had pee stains and a disgusting smell. When we complained they didn't try to offer us a refund or apologize. We left and went to the Hilton Garden Inn which was MUCH better.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our 19th anniversary and we decide to spend the night in our own city close to home just for some alone time. I made the reservation Thursday by phone using my AARP # for a king bed room and got a great rate quote for $44.99 and there was a lounge too! Friday morning I made a call to see if there was a dress code for the lounge and no one answered so I was worried cuz I used my bank debit card info to make the reserve. While I was getting my hair done my husband went by there and the phones had been out but they told him we had no reservation but it should be OK. Since I'd been given a confirmation number I called back & the man told me the woman had made the reservation for Thursday night and that's why he couldn't find it but everything is changed now and OK. When we got there, we were charged $56 and the front desk man told us $44.99 was the weekDAY rate, not the weekend rate and included my 10% AARP discount. Why didn't the man I spoke to on the phone tell me it would be more? ANyway, the room was nothing to brag about looking at the decor but I was willing to overlook it. We searched for a clock/radio to set for checkout time and to listen to music after coming back from dinner. There was none. The book in the room said an ice machine was on the 2nd and 6th floor. It was about 40 degrees outside so we walked looking and couldn't find it. Called front desk and they told us it was downstairs, only one in our section. I think this book was for the other section cuz ours only had 3 floors. Did a bathroom check. First thing I noticed was mold around the drain and in the corners of the shower stall. The toilet had a yellowish tint so I put the seat down and the paint had peeled off around the "seating area" and it was brownish yellow. NO SHOWERS for me and had to cover the seat w/toilet paper every single time. The toilet ran but was drowned out by the heating unit sounding like it was on it's last leg. Had dinner at the Longhorn on Laburnum avenue...FINALLY some customer service. Dinner was superb! Got back to the hotel and when we parked someone was smoking weed in a car next to us. What? We had to pay to get into the lounge even though we were paying guests. Front desk man told us it was $5.00 for ladies and for men before 10pm...after that it was $10 for each. We arrived at 9pm and the guy at the lounge door said it $10 for men and $5 for ladies. I explained how our night had gone and what the front desk guy said and he let us in for the $5.00 and to his credit, he also had them give us a reserved table. Drinks are overpriced. Music and light show was good. The bed was nice and firm so I slept well but my husband hated the less than standard sized pillows. They should've paid us to stay there.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you pay. Sometimes a great deal $$ isn't worth it. We just wanted to...
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I arrived to this hotel at 1:00 AM and just wanted a place for a few hours sleep. Yes it's dated, not the latest and greatest, but for the price, it's hard to beat. Almost the entire facility needs remodeling. the room I stayed in (365) had some work done to it: newer carpet and bathroom repairs were done and it was clean and comfortable, though the bed was a bit too firm for me. I have payed double the rate for much worse, and considering the attendant at the hotel next door was not in the least bit helpful since I interrupted his late night TV viewing, this place was great. The desk clerk was very helpfull.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fortescue, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stopped here on our way home from FL. The front desk was pleasant. Our non-smoking room was on the 5th floor. The room was clean and had fresh towels. A new bedspread, covered an older clean sheet with a cigarette burn hole in it. One of the bed side lights did not work, and there wasn't a holder for the shower head in the walk-in shower. Their breakfast wasn't as nice as the other Quality Inns we have stayed at and it needs improvement. Only 1 type of coffee (reg. strong) and hot water if you want tea. Cold cereal, bread for toast, bagels, muffins. You could make yourself a waffle, but the despendser for the batter didn't work. There were a few apples and oranges, and a few danish available. Don't think we'll be revisiting this Inn very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!