“RUN AWAY!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5203 Williamsburg Road, Sandston, VA 23150 (Formerly Quality Inn Richmond Airport)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
“RUN AWAY!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is OLD and if you have the pleasure of stumbling in on a Friday night, you get to walk among the 30 and up clubgoers who loiter in the lobby and argue in the parking lot. Oh yeah, there was what quite possibly could've been a pimp in the parking lot too. For $90, we knew we weren't getting the best hotel but we figured since we were just using this place as a place to get a few hours of sleep on the way to our ultimate destination that we would be able to deal with a lower end hotel. We were wrong.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Seriously. The first room had stains and burns in the sheets. The second room had pee stains and a disgusting smell. When we complained they didn't try to offer us a refund or apologize. We left and went to the Hilton Garden Inn which was MUCH better.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our 19th anniversary and we decide to spend the night in our own city close to home just for some alone time. I made the reservation Thursday by phone using my AARP # for a king bed room and got a great rate quote for $44.99 and there was a lounge too! Friday morning I made a call to see if there was a dress code for the lounge and no one answered so I was worried cuz I used my bank debit card info to make the reserve. While I was getting my hair done my husband went by there and the phones had been out but they told him we had no reservation but it should be OK. Since I'd been given a confirmation number I called back & the man told me the woman had made the reservation for Thursday night and that's why he couldn't find it but everything is changed now and OK. When we got there, we were charged $56 and the front desk man told us $44.99 was the weekDAY rate, not the weekend rate and included my 10% AARP discount. Why didn't the man I spoke to on the phone tell me it would be more? ANyway, the room was nothing to brag about looking at the decor but I was willing to overlook it. We searched for a clock/radio to set for checkout time and to listen to music after coming back from dinner. There was none. The book in the room said an ice machine was on the 2nd and 6th floor. It was about 40 degrees outside so we walked looking and couldn't find it. Called front desk and they told us it was downstairs, only one in our section. I think this book was for the other section cuz ours only had 3 floors. Did a bathroom check. First thing I noticed was mold around the drain and in the corners of the shower stall. The toilet had a yellowish tint so I put the seat down and the paint had peeled off around the "seating area" and it was brownish yellow. NO SHOWERS for me and had to cover the seat w/toilet paper every single time. The toilet ran but was drowned out by the heating unit sounding like it was on it's last leg. Had dinner at the Longhorn on Laburnum avenue...FINALLY some customer service. Dinner was superb! Got back to the hotel and when we parked someone was smoking weed in a car next to us. What? We had to pay to get into the lounge even though we were paying guests. Front desk man told us it was $5.00 for ladies and for men before 10pm...after that it was $10 for each. We arrived at 9pm and the guy at the lounge door said it $10 for men and $5 for ladies. I explained how our night had gone and what the front desk guy said and he let us in for the $5.00 and to his credit, he also had them give us a reserved table. Drinks are overpriced. Music and light show was good. The bed was nice and firm so I slept well but my husband hated the less than standard sized pillows. They should've paid us to stay there.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you pay. Sometimes a great deal $$ isn't worth it. We just wanted to...
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I arrived to this hotel at 1:00 AM and just wanted a place for a few hours sleep. Yes it's dated, not the latest and greatest, but for the price, it's hard to beat. Almost the entire facility needs remodeling. the room I stayed in (365) had some work done to it: newer carpet and bathroom repairs were done and it was clean and comfortable, though the bed was a bit too firm for me. I have payed double the rate for much worse, and considering the attendant at the hotel next door was not in the least bit helpful since I interrupted his late night TV viewing, this place was great. The desk clerk was very helpfull.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fortescue, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stopped here on our way home from FL. The front desk was pleasant. Our non-smoking room was on the 5th floor. The room was clean and had fresh towels. A new bedspread, covered an older clean sheet with a cigarette burn hole in it. One of the bed side lights did not work, and there wasn't a holder for the shower head in the walk-in shower. Their breakfast wasn't as nice as the other Quality Inns we have stayed at and it needs improvement. Only 1 type of coffee (reg. strong) and hot water if you want tea. Cold cereal, bread for toast, bagels, muffins. You could make yourself a waffle, but the despendser for the batter didn't work. There were a few apples and oranges, and a few danish available. Don't think we'll be revisiting this Inn very soon.

Ellicott City, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the wost hotel that I have ever been too in my life. I work at a resort and know what type of things should be done to ensure everything is pleasing to the eye while on property. first off the shower was broken, there was towels behind the dresser and side tables, cobwebs everywhere, broken lights, stains on the carpet and sheets, the bedding was trash, so torn up that when we called housekeeping they laughed and said they didn't have a replacement, we had to go buy our own, Breakfast was a joke, 1 eight foot table with 2 boxes of cereal, and some rotten bananas. Worst was when there was vomit though out our floor, understanding that sometimes the front desk wont know until a guest tells them, we called and told them, showered for about 30 minutes, then started to leave, hadn't been touched, talked to the front desk on the way to the lame breakfast, and another 30 minutes latter noting had been done. I plan on contacting the local government's health department. When we checked out the front desk was rude and didn't take any complaint seriously.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Where do I start, my reserved suite given away. Moved to another so called suite and the bathrooms looked as if the had not been cleaned in decades, wash clothes left on the shower head from pevious guests. Beds had roaches who had checked in before I did. The sheets on the bed had yellow stains and pubic hairs. Carpet had not been cleaned since the last dead body outline. Front desk could not be reached had to use my cell phone because the phone in room came from toys r us and did not work. Went down to the desk requested non-dairy cream told housekeeping will bring they never came. Lastly do not come to this hotel...even if it's a matter of life and death.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!