“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   491 International Centre Dr, Sandston, VA 23150 (Formerly Wingate Inn - Richmond - Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Rocky Mount
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

No complaints here 2nd stay and will be coming back beds great clean property and good breakfast very helpful staff

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
bipinptl, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
It is always great to hear when we have exceeded our guest expectation. My team and I thank you for your posting!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We use HIExpress often for both business and leisure, and this one seemed very good; nice room, staff, quick to airport and local food/shopping areas, as well as interstate highways. As always, a good breakfast to go!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
We look forward in serving you in the future.
SLC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed at this airport hotel for a week. We hear a few planes pass overhead, but it is very close to the airport as well as the interstate. I would stay here again the next time we go back. The hotel was clean and quiet. The pool was a nice touch after a long day of walking.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
With convenience to the RIC Airport, the draw back is sometime hearing the plane as they come and go. I am glad to know that this minor inconvenience did not hinder your stay with us. Thank you for your posting as it is always a pleasure to hear great comments about this hotel.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

My Mom, sister and I stayed at this hotel when we were in town for a funeral. It's very close to the airport and easy to find. We checked in super late at night, and the woman at the desk upgraded us from just a standard room with two beds to a room with two beds and a pull out couch when she heard that the three of us planned to share two beds. I'm not sure if that's because I had a priority club card or what, but it was really helpful. Our room was beautiful and quiet and although we didn't use it, we had a jacuzzi tub. The hot breakfast was good and ready even when we had to leave at 4:30 am for a flight.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

Be warned: this hotel is changing identities--becoming a Holiday Inn Express--and renovations are going on. The rooms are ok, newly decorated, with some nice touches, like microwaves and fridges. The bed is nothing to write home about--sheet and coverlet only (no blanket on mine); the AC is a hard-to-control window unit; and the shower is the economical kind, with not much water. The halls, elevator and lobby are grungy from construction.

My biggest complaints are the coffee, which tastes like dishwater (I didn't stay long enough for breakfast) and the shuttle van, which was a bit late and then went to two other hotels. It made me nervous about getting to my 5:40 a.m. flight on time. (That was not a problem: my airline had few passengers; if I'd been on United, however, and had to stand in that long line, I'd have been in trouble.)

• Liked — Close to the airport, fairly new
  • Disliked — On-going renovations, coffee, late shuttle van
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marti77
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

The hotel is undergoing a renovation, however it didn't affect us at all. The room smelled of fresh paint. The beds are comfortable, good sheets and pillows. The pillows were medium sized and fluffy, and the comforter was one of those luxurious down filled blankets that make you want to stay in bed. The bathroom was pretty good, clean, although the grout could use a little work. The lady who took care of the breakfast buffet was so nice. The breakfast was okay, typical for any hotel buffet I guess. Other than her and the cleaning staff, the staff was just OK. My mom left my room key at the desk for me and they didn't ask for my ID when I came to pick it up.
The hotel doubles the price for race weekend which is a practice that I loathe. The pool, spa and workout room looked great but I didn't have time to use them. The hotel is right off of the interstate, and the Unos restaurant across the highway is great. Is only about 10 or 15 minutes from MCV and convenient to RIR. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Location close to I-64 and the linens. Great towels!
  • Disliked — Price doubles on busy weekends. :(
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
columbus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

Overall had a good stay, the hotel seemed newer and/or remodeled and the staff was very nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. It is very convenient to the Richmond Airport. The only complaint I had is that the room had a very strange hotel smell in it.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — smell of room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!