Found this hotel while internet searching for pet-friendly hotels in the Richmond, Virginia area. The online reservation process did not provide a means to identify travel with pets (some hotels only book a specific number of predesignated rooms for those traveling with pets) so I called the hotel's reservation number and booked through them. Price for two double beds was $99/night plus $25/night for our pet (very reasonable). Our daughter had a cheer competition at the Richmond Convention Center so I was hoping MapQuest was correct about the 15-minute drive from the hotel to the competition site (turns out it was). The hotel itself is quite new (located adjacent to a Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn and just around the corner from a WaWa convenient mart) and the spacious grounds are well maintained with plenty of greenery for walking the dog and ample parking. Check in took all of two minutes or so. I inquired about off limits areas for our dog and the clerk stated only to keep pets away from the dining/serving area (makes sense). Reminder--The hotel is mere minutes away from the Richmond Airport (thus, its' name) and you will hear aircraft taking off/landing (it's not too loud to be distracting) so if you need absolute solitude this is not the place for you!). Our third-floor room came with a mini fridge (with pocket freezer), microwave oven and compact coffee maker (complimentary tea and coffee are available 24/7 in the dining area as well) flat-screen TV, free wifi, a comfortable lounge chair with ottoman, desk and chair plus below-the-window mounted digitally controlled heating/air conditioning unit. The bathroom had complimentary shampoo/conditioner/lotion, hair dryer, large counter area and a single sink. Plenty of soft, absorbent towels were stocked. One seemingly insignificant item in the room was most appreciated--there was a four outlet electrical socket behind the lounge chair--was able to plug in two phone rechargers plus a computer charging cord at that single site rather than seek out another outlet. It's the little things like that that I appreciate! Wifi connection did disconnect a few times while we were using it (minor annoyance). TV had plenty of viewing options but the remote did not allow an on-screen guide view (perhaps it was user error). Turned out our bed was a bit too soft for my wife and I, but our daughter slept well. Pillows are comfortable. I didn't realize (until we were checking out) there were "blackout" curtains tucked behind the sheer curtains so the room wasn't dark enough for me while sleeping--now I know. You will hear noise from the hallways, especially if there are kids sports teams staying there with their obligatory hallway shenanigans (as there were during our stay) but we expected it so no big deal. This hotel has an indoor pool (open until 11pm), small fitness center, and business center--we were too busy/tired and didn't use any of them. Complimentary breakfast runs from 6:30 to 9:30 and includes hot options such as waffles and pancakes, premade omelets, sausage, and cinnabons. Also available are boiled eggs, a variety of yogurts, milk, fruit, cereal, juices, plus coffee and tea. All-in-all a nice selection. The exterior grounds had large green spaces for walking the dog. Be sure to bring waste disposal bags to pick up after your pet--some folks forgot to do--not cool. There are a variety of eateries within short (5-10 min) driving distance from the hotel, plus you can walk to the restaurant/lounge located within the Holiday Inn next door. For trips into downtown Richmond it's about a ten-minute drive (interstate entrance is a minute away)--weekend parking options at the convention center are many (adjacent, indoor parking ranged from $6-$8 total, with outdoor parking for $4-$5 total vs $21/day valet parking at the downtown Hilton Garden Inn. Checkout was a quick as check in (you can also request express checkout that eliminates the front-desk stop). The bill was accurate. We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express and will definitely consider it as a prime option for return trips to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Richmond, VA near Richmond International Airport Come and relax with us at our prime Richmond, Virginia hotel near the Richmond International Airport. Our Richmond hotel is just one mile from the airport and offers easy access to major Richmond attractions and businesses alike. Your family will love staying at our comfortable Richmond hotel. Our hotel near the Richmond International Airport is located on Audubon Drive and offers convenient access to many Richmond attractions. The Edgar Allen Poe Museum, the Virginia State Capitol and the Science Museum of Virginia are within close proximity of our accommodations in Richmond, Virginia. Other nearby sights include the American Civil War Center and the Virginia Holocaust Museum. Business travelers can appreciate our convenient accommodations near the Richmond Airport. Our Richmond, VA hotel offers close proximity to area businesses such as Hewlett-Packard, Southern Graphics, Smurfit-Stone and Qimonda. In addition, we provide meeting space for up to 45 people, as well as business services with an available computer, fax machine, copier, printer and free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. While staying in Richmond, you can enjoy our amenities, which include a heated, indoor swimming pool, fitness center and a complimentary hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Richmond VA hotel rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport Hotel Sandston
- Holiday Inn Express Sandston
- Sandston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sandston