“Friendly Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Chestertown, Maryland
“Friendly Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This isn't a French omelette shop. It's a Waffle House on steroids when it comes to the 'good morning's... 'how's your food'... 'want more coffee'. I went standard... scrambled eggs, hash browns with onions, patty sausage, wheat toast and coffee. My friend... the western omelet with hash browns, toast and coffee. Perfect Omelet Shoppe preparation... and hot of the griddle. And coffee good to the last drop.

It's open 24/7. Their friendliness still brings a smile to my face... and certainly is on my breakfast stops when we're heading home from Blacksburg.

• Visited November 2013

Griffin, Georgia
“Food was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

On the road traveling early in the morning and wanted some breakfast. My husband ordered an omelet with cheese and mushrooms. They put the cheese ON TOP of the omelet?? And the mushrooms were from a can. He was very disappointed. I have never seen anyone put the cheese on top of the omelet....bizarre. I ordered a pecan waffle and it was basically a waffle with pecans tossed on top. It was cold, my butter wouldn't even melt on it, and the place wasn't crowded at all, so I don't understand that. Additionally, we had to endure hearing the entire conversation, painful as it was, of the staff as they discussed things that they probably should have discussed in private. Not impressed, but it did fuel our bodies until we got to the next stop on our trip.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kingston
“Hit the spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Long day on the road, late into the hotel, hungry...Omelet Shoppe! Good food, quick service, good price. Close to a number of hotels.

It's nothing fancy but it's tasty and filling and good value for the money.

• Visited March 2013
Virginia
“Wonderful place - especially with kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We LOVE the Omelet Shoppe on Wildwood Road in Salem! We go there as a family and it is the ONLY place that our children will eat everything on their plates!!! The cook Patrick is AWESOME! He is super friendly and always cooks our meals perfect! Our waitress Tina is always so friendly and makes us feel right at home!!! Stop in and give them a try if you haven't! We have NEVER had a bad meal - always delicious and perfect!! Try their grilled chicken sandwich! Yum! And their corned beef hash!!! Can't go wrong with any of their dishes!

• Visited March 2013
Summerville, Georgia
“Miss Know it all there! Knows nothing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This lil know it all!! (refused to be wrong) she got or oder all wrong! an over charged us!! O how upset i was! this girl refused to say she was wrong and change the ticket! i litterally had to get the menu down and show her what i ordered and the price! geezzzzz.. finally she fixed one of the orders and took $2.0 off ! after trying to tell her it still wasnt right! I was exhausted!!! then mentioned to her! that i specifically ask for dry toast and it has been dipped in butter!! she prceeded to tell me that they dont do that! at this point! i was ready to spit it out on her!! never in my life seen someone argue with a customer like this!! I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THIS IS A PLACE TO ARGUE AND BE OVERCHARGED!! DO NOT STOP HERE!!! NOT WORTH SCREWING UP YOUR DAY!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank misscandy

Been to Omelet Shoppe? Share your experiences!