“Exquisite, highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Burwell Place

Inn at Burwell Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn at Burwell Place
601 W Main Street, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Exquisite, highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Coming to Roanoke/Salem for medical school interviews was nerve-racking, yet the plush and comfortable setting of the Inn at Burwell Place combined with the incredibly warm and kind reception from the owners turned what could have been a stressful weekend into an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable trip.

The rooms are pristine, full of historic details, and have an undeniable charm to them. The downstairs area is perfect for lounging or chatting with the other guests, and the rocking chairs on the front porch bring out the residence's undeniable Southern touch. My husband and I truly enjoyed the time we spent on that porch, sipping tea and espressos (yes, there's a Nespresso machine!), and swinging in the hammock.

Rivaling the charm of the house, the service of the Inn is excellent. We felt genuinely cared for, and the dining recommendations we received from our hosts were spot on! A phenomenal dinner followed by great conversations at the Inn, and a clean, crisp, welcoming room to come home to. What an evening it was!

Ultimately, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Roanoke or Salem, VA. It's a home away from home. Only better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful B & B in Salem VA conveniently located to Roanoke College Campus. The hotelier does a great job of making you feel welcome and provides any amenity you may need! The room we stayed in had a private bathroom which included shampoos, soaps, hairdryer etc. Snacks and cold beverages were available all day in the hall. Comfortable beds and good pillows! Beautiful Garden and nice front porch! They gave us darling brown bag snacks for the road which included fruit and home made scones and water!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I looked at many venues before selecting one to host our wedding reception. I just have to say that the Inn at Burwell Place couldn't have been a better choice. Cindy Lou (the wonderful woman that made my vision a reality), was a pleasure to work with. We had a creative meeting in the beginning where she asked about all the aspects of my wedding, my expectations for the reception, and the "honeymoon suite". She was attentive to both my wants and budget and somehow found a happy medium between the two. The grounds were beautiful! The open brick patio was the perfect location for dancing and the front lawn was scattered with small, socializing tables. The house itself was spacious and possessed a rare antique charm. It has quite a bit of history behind it and the owner was only too happy to share this information.

The Inn made my reception memorable and the best part was getting to spend our first night as husband and wife in a prized suite. The bed was high off the ground (they even have the little step stools to help you get into it okay) and extremely soft. I slept like a baby during my nap and the night. We even had the entire upper floor to ourselves so when we got restless around midnight, we headed into a second suite where we were told we could use the jacuzzi tub. It had a couch in the room and was an overall relaxing experience.

We awoke the next morning to a breakfast of delicious, oversized muffins. What a wonderful way to start the day! Especially since we had a four hour drive to Pigeon Forge, TN planned. I do hope to get the chance to return. Maybe on our anniversary? Hint, hint honey!

I have pictures of this location but since they were taken by a professional photographer, just message me if you'd like to see them. I was given a copyright release but I doubt that makes me the owner.

Room Tip: If you have the option of the suite with the sunroom or the suite with the hot tub and sofa, take th...