“Perfect Wedding Reception” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Burwell Place

Inn at Burwell Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn at Burwell Place
You added Inn at Burwell Place to your Saves list
601 W Main Street, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Salem, Virginia
“Perfect Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I looked at many venues before selecting one to host our wedding reception. I just have to say that the Inn at Burwell Place couldn't have been a better choice. Cindy Lou (the wonderful woman that made my vision a reality), was a pleasure to work with. We had a creative meeting in the beginning where she asked about all the aspects of my wedding, my expectations for the reception, and the "honeymoon suite". She was attentive to both my wants and budget and somehow found a happy medium between the two. The grounds were beautiful! The open brick patio was the perfect location for dancing and the front lawn was scattered with small, socializing tables. The house itself was spacious and possessed a rare antique charm. It has quite a bit of history behind it and the owner was only too happy to share this information.

The Inn made my reception memorable and the best part was getting to spend our first night as husband and wife in a prized suite. The bed was high off the ground (they even have the little step stools to help you get into it okay) and extremely soft. I slept like a baby during my nap and the night. We even had the entire upper floor to ourselves so when we got restless around midnight, we headed into a second suite where we were told we could use the jacuzzi tub. It had a couch in the room and was an overall relaxing experience.

We awoke the next morning to a breakfast of delicious, oversized muffins. What a wonderful way to start the day! Especially since we had a four hour drive to Pigeon Forge, TN planned. I do hope to get the chance to return. Maybe on our anniversary? Hint, hint honey!

I have pictures of this location but since they were taken by a professional photographer, just message me if you'd like to see them. I was given a copyright release but I doubt that makes me the owner.

Room Tip: If you have the option of the suite with the sunroom or the suite with the hot tub and sofa, take th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2003

I love Inn at Burwell Place. The Innkeepers are phenominal. The grounds are gorgeous - this old mansion is breathtaking and the decor is so tasteful and elgant that you feel you have stepped back in time. I highly would reccomend a wedding, party or just a weekend stay at this hidden retreat You will feel like a pampered member of the royal family at Inna t Burwell Place. Ask for Cindi Lou - she will take care of you.

Been to Inn at Burwell Place? Share your experiences!