“Love the seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
South Riding, Virginia, United States
“Love the seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our daughter goes to Roanoke College and we wanted to take her for some good food off-campus. Our hotel told us about Mama Maria's and we loved it there! I can't eat gluten so pasta was out of the question, or so I thought. They do have gluten-free pasta.
I got the hot antipasta for my meal. It had so much seafood in it I couldn't believe it. It was the perfect dish for me, and my son got it too.
We loved the garlic knots for an appetizer. They were so good and only cost $2.50.
Mama Maria's made such a great impression that two months later when I drove my daughter back home from fall break we drove straight to Mama Maria's for dinner before heading to the college. I was craving that hot anti-pasta. They did not disappoint again. It was fabulous the second time. I highly recommend it.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great pizza / Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped by for a late evening (around (9 pm) dinner. The place has a nice calm atmosphere. The waitress was very sweet and attentive. The pizza was delicious, with a crispy crust and fresh tomato and mushroom toppings. We were too full to try the gelato, but will do so next time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Open Late but Chatty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

A few years ago while in Salem, VA, we stopped at what I consider to be the best Italian restaurant EVER! We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived, though late, in Salem and could go to the new restaurant they had opened - Franklin St. I have to say it was a great environment! The restaurant says it closes at 11p, though we arrived at 10p to order and the entire visit was spent with most of the wait staff closing an moving things around us - we felt rushed and uncomfortable. It was a beautiful restaurant and clean. The waitress was overly chatty and made us equally rushed. I would recommend lunch, but not a late hour visit!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate here with family members who live in the area. The Menu had so many good selections.
Same for the wine menu. The food was good, the wine very good, and the service excellent.
Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
denver, pa
“Enjoyable Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We decide to dine here based on the good trip advisor reviews. The restaurant was very full, but we still received good service and the food came out in a timely manner. Portions are very large here so no need to order too much. If we are in the area ever again we will definitely stop in and eat!

Visited July 2013