“Good Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Sandston, Virginia
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I and some friends were in the area recently and rather that eat in the motel lobby we decided to try a local restaurant. The motel desk clerk recommended Famous Anthony's. We were not disappointed. The menu had a large variety and the service was good. Save some room for the LARGE Sticky Buns.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nothing wrong with the food here but its just average. We go there maybe once or twice a month normally for breakfast.

Visited September 2013
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Lowest quality of food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My advice to anyone is stay away. You'll get higher quality food at a fast food restaurant. The salad was the best part and the only part I ate. They listed BBQ Chicken on the menu, it was probably a four ounce frozen thin piece of chicken breast and overcooked and slapped with a cheap BBQ sauce. I put what I thought was butter on the baked potato, only to find out it was "a buttery spread". Do you know how many chemical are in those buttery spreads? Why not real butter? My dinner partner order "Sirloin steak", I can't even tell you what kind of animal this meat came from. The macaroni and cheese? Tasted like it came form a can, you know those mushy kind of elbows with the watery cheese sauce. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greer, South Carolina, United States
“Not bad for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Whenever we stop in Salem, we look forward to Henry's Smokehouse. It is now closed and we had to scramble for another place to eat. We settled on Famous Anthony's. The service was good and the food average. I had the steak with onions. It was a little tough but tasty. My wife had some kind of wrap. She liked it.
The food and service were good but average and the price was reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. It was fast, the food was good, the server was super friendly. Restaurant needs a make over in a bad way though.

• Visited July 2013