“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nothing wrong with the food here but its just average. We go there maybe once or twice a month normally for breakfast.

Visited September 2013

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Lowest quality of food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My advice to anyone is stay away. You'll get higher quality food at a fast food restaurant. The salad was the best part and the only part I ate. They listed BBQ Chicken on the menu, it was probably a four ounce frozen thin piece of chicken breast and overcooked and slapped with a cheap BBQ sauce. I put what I thought was butter on the baked potato, only to find out it was "a buttery spread". Do you know how many chemical are in those buttery spreads? Why not real butter? My dinner partner order "Sirloin steak", I can't even tell you what kind of animal this meat came from. The macaroni and cheese? Tasted like it came form a can, you know those mushy kind of elbows with the watery cheese sauce. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greer, South Carolina, United States
“Not bad for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Whenever we stop in Salem, we look forward to Henry's Smokehouse. It is now closed and we had to scramble for another place to eat. We settled on Famous Anthony's. The service was good and the food average. I had the steak with onions. It was a little tough but tasty. My wife had some kind of wrap. She liked it.
The food and service were good but average and the price was reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. It was fast, the food was good, the server was super friendly. Restaurant needs a make over in a bad way though.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Heard good things about Virginia's own Famous Anthony's and the menu looked great, but was disappointed in 3 of our 4 meals. Traveling with another dad and his son and stopped by a local Virginia restaurant rather than a fast food chain (maybe should've stuck with Mickey D's). My friend's son ordered a burger which looked really good and was, so kudos on their burgers. However, I ordered chicken tenders which were all exactly the same shape (processed). Really? My son ordered flounder which came in an almost perfect triangle (processed). Last but not least, my friend ordered the barbeque chicken which you would expect to be....chicken. Not only did it have no bones, but it was a processed breast that was covered in ketchup looking barbeque sauce, served with a side of a tomato slice (?) that was about the same size as the "chicken" breast). My advice? If you go to Famous Anthony's, stick with a burger or a sandwich but stay away from chicken or seafood.

• Visited May 2013