“better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Lake Tranquility
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The décor is bright and exciting, just as a Mexican Restaurant should be. We were seated quickly and before our drink order was taken the chips and salsa was put on the table. If you like wine, try the sangria, wow, it was great! The menu is quite extensive with poultry, beef and seafood choices as well as combination platters. I had the shrimp Cascadia and it was wonderful. That with the rice and salad were much more than I could eat. If we ever pass this way again this will be a must place for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Bristow, Virginia
“Beautiful Decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Upon entering the front door, you are met by the bright and colorful decor. Reminds me of the Carribean. It was clean and colorful. The chips were warm and the salsa had fresh cilantro in it. I recommend the 22oz beer, a fair value. I ate on the light side, a ground beef cassadilla. It was loaded with meat, but a little light on quesso, but still nicely toasted. My husband had a combination platter. The presentation was nice and the flavor, typical of mexican food. The setting and food, made of a nice end to the day of travel.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, VA
“Food to go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ordered 2 enchilada dinners to go. Cost was almost $25.00. Definitely a waste of hard earned money. We usually have no problems when dining in, the food is good and hot. Will never order to go again. We could have had a great steak dinner or seafood for that price. NO, NO, NO for anything to go from there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“We don't usually care for TexMex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great experience. Worth a stop just for the décor. The food was a delight. Prepared and presented with some imagination.

Visited June 2013
Savannah GA
“after 10years, still just "alright"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. I eat here about once per year on account of my in-laws like it. Meh, bland, overpriced....way, way overpriced (30%) for what you get. This last time around I got the "Acapulco" which was some sort of chicken dish. Basically, it tasted like chicken that had been boiled, shredded, stuffed inside prepackaged tortilla's and topped with a pile of iceberg lettuce, bland "queso" and some sort of red sauce that I can't even describe. My wife's dish was similar. When asked, my in-laws replied that when they don't eat at Applebee's and want "Mexican", they eat here. That's enough of a condemnation to strike El Rodeo from my list of places to eat. I wonder why their tortilla's don't taste like they were made that day? Why don't they use Mexican seasoning on their chicken? What place in Mexico uses iceberg lettuce? Bottom Line, if the kids are screaming for quesadilla's as you're tooling down I-81 and you can't find a Taco Hell, well I reckon El Rodeo will suffice. Don't forget your credit card.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to El Rodeo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Rodeo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.