“Best Chinese Take-Out in the Roanoke Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #18 of 82 restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Chinese
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best Chinese Take-Out in the Roanoke Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife works in Salem and she convinced me to try out China Wok and I've been a believer ever since. We frequent this place for lunch and dinner-take out at least once a week and we've never had a bad experience. The lunch specials include soup and you have a huge variety of choices. We also often order the teriyaki chicken sticks from the appetizer menu and they're great as leftovers (you get 12 pieces). We have just recently ordered the fried dumplings which come with a great sauce. We've tried just about every Chinese restaurant and take-out place in and around Roanoke, and this is hands-down, the best. I also admire the family run business and hope that they continue to do well. Try out the food and you'll be a believer as well!

• Visited May 2013

100% Recommend
salem va
“Great place for take out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Food is well above average here and worth your time. Resteraunt like most chinese resteraunts is small and geared more torwards take out. The workers here are very friendly and the food is cooked when you order and very quick. You also do not have to beg them for an extra pack of duck or soy sauce here, they leave it out for you to get what you need which is a big thumbs up for them!!!

• Visited June 2012
Los Angeles
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I've ordered from here quite a few times and have had great food every time. There are tables inside to eat at, but the atmosphere isn't the greatest. That doesn't bother me though since I always just get the food for takeout. Also of note - they sometimes let the kids answer the phone and take the orders. Don't let this put you off.. I've never had an order wrong yet and it kind of just amuses me! I love the family attitude that everyone pitches in.

• Visited February 2012
virginia
“best value in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Tucked away in a small shopping center on West Main Street (Behind Awful Arthur's)
is a small, family operated Chinese restaurant that is clean and offers good food for modest price. Lunches are under $5. We usually like take-out but they do have tables.

• Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Great Chinese, thanks Trip Advisor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

On my way back home from a business trip, I decide to spend the night in Salem and I had a craving for Fried Rice. As with every trip I take, I checked trip advisor for a good Chinese restaurant. # 1 on the list was China Wok and after getting some take out I have to say I was not disappointed. As other members have stated, the decor is nothing special but the food which is the most important thing in my opinion did not disappoint. I wish my home town had a Chinese take out this good. If you are a Salem resident or just travelling through and want some great Chinese take out, give this place a try.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to China Wok? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage China Wok, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.