“Pretty nice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Clifton Forge, Virginia
“Pretty nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The pizza was pretty good, and I loved the lunch special of 5 bucks for a 10" pizza. The steak sandwich we got was very good. Now it needs to be easier to get to..

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Bassett, Virginia
“Hopefully the pizza is better than their entrees!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

After watching a movie, we decided to eat Italian and stopped at this establishment. By the number of vehicles in the parking lot, we assumed the food was decent. My wife ordered Linguini Primavera and I ordered Linguini Seafood Special. Both entrees were terrible. My wife's entree looked like soup with linguini and hard carrots of which she could not stomach to eat and my entree was linguini covered with pizza sauce, sparsely contained small shrimp and crab pieces. The breadsticks that was part of the meal was brought to the table cold. We were never asked for a refill on our ice tea. The waitress actually told us that the pizza was better than what we ordered. An absolute disappointment. We lived in Italy and know good Italian food. This definitely is one place I would not recommend or ever return to. A loss of hard earned cash.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Nice and close to home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

It is a nice simple place to go for a pizza that is close to home. I much prefer it to the other chains and Humble Pie(nearby pizza place). Also prefer to support local owned places like this one. The owner is kind and always give my daughter a bread stick while we wait, which is very kind. We usually get the rustica pizza which I think is pretty good. Slow service has not been an issue for us but we are usually there early and sit on the patio where most of the servers hang out. They always have beer when I have been there, nothing exotic but a Blue Moon or Dos Equis on tap. Always had a nice time while visiting Pizza Pasta Pit!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virgina
“Not many smiles or exceptional pizza here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sitting in the plastic covered tent we were told they were out of most beer, were told to take our time and then hurried out and the food besides the garlic cheese bread was on par with a frozen pizza. A dissapointment.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Yorktown, VA
“Better than some of the reviews would lead you to believe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

When visiting a new place, I rely on the reviews from fellow contributors so I was somewhat leery of visiting this restaurant. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted at the door, seated right away and the server came to the table immediately to take our drink orders. Said she would give us a couple of minutes to peruse the menu and would be back to take our orders which she did. We all ordered pizza which was pretty good. Drinks refilled promptly. My wife had the salad bar and said for a small bar, it had a lot of good fresh items on it. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pizza Pasta Pit? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pizza Pasta Pit, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.