“Many screens, good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 83 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established in 1969 as a family business, renovated and reopened as a family business in 2011. Friendly service serving delicious American food.
Fredericksburg, Texas, United States
“Many screens, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Enjoyed lunch at Mac and Bob's. A sports bar with numerous screens…great for both football and basketball fans! Had the french dip…never had one with cheese before, but it was tasty. Lots of great coffee! Good food reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“Not so excited this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Were in the Salem area and looking forward to revisiting this restaurant. I didn't think much about it at the time but the hotel clerk was mentioning other places to us but thinking back on this visit perhaps she knew more than we did.

Upon entering we were seated in the long narrow room in the front. My first instinct was a strong odor followed by hearing the people who followed us in noticing the same thing. The woman noted it smelled like sour milk, my thought was someone had vomited. I am sorry to say I didn't ask to go to the other room. First it was cool, then they shut the AC off and it was stifling. Our waiter was a great young man, very nice & professional, exceptionally neat and clean. Looking around I felt the restaurant wasn't very clean and really lost my appetite. Directly in front of me, not 10 ft. Was the broom, dustpan, robot carpet cleaner and a small bucket with a wet cloth....

The food was ok, but by this time I wasn't hungry. I didn't even drink the water, my slice of lemon was pretty dark and looked as though it should have been thrown out....won't return

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable Prices for Good sized portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at a hotel nearby. Mac & Bob's was on their list of nearby restaurants. The menu had lots of variety, so we decided to give it a try, Reasonable prices, for good sized portions. The Chicken Marsala was different than I've had before. It really didn't resemble Chicken Marsala to me. It didn't have enough sauce and had a too much melted cheese for my taste, but the chicken was juicy and tender. Actually, this chicken was delicious, it just didn't taste like Chicken Marsala, which is one of my favorites. The side salad was a good size. I opted for blue cheese dressing, which was good. My husband had the Herbed Chicken. His chicken was also very good, cooked perfectly. We will definitely eat here again when we are in the area.

Visited October 2013
Sandston, Virginia
“What a Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Pittsburg Steak is wonderful. Served on a sizzling platter, it'll melt in your mouth. You won't be disappointed with anything on the menu. Everything from seafood to pizza to pasta dishes are very good.
My wife and I are in Salem several times a year and we always stop in for lunch or dinner.
Give it a try when in town, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poquoson, Virginia
“Return visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I ate at Mac and Bob's on a friend's recommendation a couple of years ago and couldn't wait to go back. They offer quick, friendly service and great food at a great price.

Visited October 2013

Been to Mac N Bob's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mac N Bob's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.