“Great place to stay on the way south or for a few days get away!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Salem/Roanoke

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Salem
clayville
“Great place to stay on the way south or for a few days get away!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I were going south to stay for a week. The Holiday Inn was a great place to stay. The room was great and the area was easy to get around. I will stay there again, because it was so easy to get to.

tom

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here while driving through VA on our way to AZ. Location is OK, about 15 min to Roanoke. Breakfast buffet not worth the $7.95. I paid $99 for a room with two queen beds.

• Stayed June 2011
nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Booked a non smoking room a year in advanced. They put us on the forth floor which was a smoking floor. Got to room and bed skirt was stained and dirty. Called to front desk to have skirt changed. The bed skirt did not go to the ground after they had changed it and I noticed cigarettes butts under the bed. This was unacceptable. I called once again to the front desk. They changed my room to the second floor but had no one to help me with my bags. I asked to speak to a manager three times with no response. I finally received a phone call on my home. I will NEVER stay at another Holiday Inn. For $200.00 a night a would expect better service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Jensen Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Arrived here on Easter Sunday and stayed for 3 nights. Check-in was prompt, rooms clean and fine for our stay. Staff wasn't very friendly. We were in and out for three days with not one of them speaking to us. My biggest problem is the fact that they are knocking on your door at 8:45 am to clean the room. If you put out your "Do Not Disturb" sign, they slide a note under your door saying that with respect to your do not disturb sign, your room will not be cleaned but you can call the desk for clean towels. Now I don't know about you, but part of the pleasure of being on vacation is that someone else is making my bed. There was a restaurant in the hotel but no one even suggested we eat there. In short, fine for the night but if staying longer you might want to try somewhere that you'll feel welcomed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I feel compelled to write about this nice, clean hotel located outside of Roanoke. I usually don't stay at Holiday Inn's, preferring Hilton or Hyatt, but I have to stay this was probably the nicest Holiday Inn I have stayed in. It's VERY clean, has a solid breakfast buffet with nice service people, and I slept in a quiet, cool room with nice linens and pillows. Bathroom was updated. Everything worked. Electrical outlets in good places and lighting was nice. If you want a good value hotel in the area, I would recommend this one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Our group of 37 played in a baseball tournament in Salem. With that size group you usually have someone who hates their room. No one did! Queen beds were great, with 2 types of pillows. The bathroom fine, though no exhaust fan, so very steamy after a shower. A convenient laundry on the second floor made it possible to wash uniforms. Granted we were only inthe hotel from 1015p until 930a the next morning, but overall it went well. We were offered free breafast vouchers for each room whcih was a big financial help, since we'd had to eat our every other meal. One big issue was a lack of air conditioning on hallways and the elevators. There was none and it was nearly 100 degrees the days we stayed. Also, it is hotel policy to not turn on the air once room is cleaned. A couple of rooms did not check in prior to the end of our first day and walked into a room that was about 84 degrees. It took two hour to get it cool enough to be comfortable. If you not going to be there until later in the evening on a hot day, call and request that the air be turned on in your room. Stephanie at the front desk was really helpful and it showed they valued our business. P.S. Eat at Mac 'n Bobs Sports Bar.

Stayed June 2010
pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Being a seasoned traveler, this is THE WORSE ENGINEERED HOTEL I have ever stayed in. Room 120 on the first floor hears all the noise from the lobby and the stairway.
The phones did not work in the room. I had to call the front desk using my cell phone , their explanation of the phone not being turned on was that they didn't want anyone making long distance phone calls. At that time I had requested a wake up call at 7 AM.
Well did not get any sleep because of all the noise, my colleague went to the front desk at 1 AM to ask them to have them to go to the room next to us to turn the volume down on their blaring TV. The lobby TV continued to send noise down the hall. Did'nt they place any insulation in the walls of the rooms? Needless to say the wake up call never came
luckily I was still up at that time. If it would have been warmer I would have slept in my car. I WOULD ADVISE NOT TO STAY HERE IF YOU REQUIRE ANY SLEEP

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Salem/Roanoke? Share your experiences!