“Local favorite with great pizzas and calzones” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #17 of 82 restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Pizza
Salem, Virginia
“Local favorite with great pizzas and calzones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been going to Frank's Pizza in Salem for years and have always had great food and good service. Several of the waiters and waitresses know my family and acknowledge us each time we visit. This college town (Roanoke College) has several great places to eat with some neat shops in the small downtown area. My family loves the Hot Wings pizza made with white meat chicken and hot wing sauce. I also like the fact that I can wash this pizza down with a glass of Peroni beer. Not a fancy pizza joint but it does have a nice atmosphere for families and youth teams. I have read some negative reviews about other Frank's Pizza locations in the area and I assure you this restaurant has never let me down.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Abingdon, Virginia
“Great Value - "local" feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here today. We both had one of their lunch specials. My wife had two slices and a drink and I had a house salad, a slice and a drink. The food was very good and the service was also very good. It's a simple downtown pizza place with a "local" feel. Everything seemed clean and well maintained, including the bathrooms (always a good sign). Our bill was under $12 - we couldn't have had fast food for less than that! It's a great spot for lunch in downtown Salem.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Franks on Main Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the several restaurants in the area that are family owned Franks on Brambleton, Vinton, Salem, Williamson, Botetourt, and downtown Roanoke, and in every one they have the same recipe for delicious pizza, and a great atmosphere, the food is excellent, I had the Chicken Salad Salad, and it was to die for, I make this a stop when I'm around Salem

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm not from New York like the previous person, but I eat pizza every week and this is nothing special. It is greasy, it is limp and when the waitress brought my slices they were burned around the edges. There's not much flavor going on here either, at best this place is average.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“I'm from NY I know good pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Granted I haven't had a real NY slice in a few years, that taste is ingrained in my mind. Franks has it. We lived in Vegas, England and now Hampton, VA and found this place through my husbands parents. They live in the area and always order from Franks. We make it a point to go there on every visit sometimes even calling from the highway. The only kerfuffle with the place is the person cutting the pie is geometrically challenged. Often there will be a slice thats really 2 in one and then an itty bitty baby slice.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Frank's Pizza? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frank's Pizza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.