“A good thing....don't never change.” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Sheraton Dr, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Gastonia, North Carolina
“A good thing....don't never change.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel is great from the staff to the rooms. They do an excellent job of making you feel at home when you are on business. I don't understand the bad reviews because I frequently stay here as do a few of my colleagues and have never had any problems. The hotel is pet friendly and you would never know. .The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful..I personally do not own a pet and dont mind staying here because it is kept so clean and odor free. Thank you Lq keep up the good work. I will definately be back

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Pets are welcome in any and every room. Dog hair was all over the blanket on my wife's bed...some even on the sheet. We got replacements and made the bed ourselves. No warning given. We won't be staying in a La Quinta again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Yardley, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

(1) They quoted me a certain price over the phone and charged me MORE at checkout. When I questioned the difference, I was told that was their fee for 2 people staying in a room.
(2) They are pet friendly but I challenge you to find an area for your pet without stepping on dog poo! We always pick up after our dogs. I am not naive and am aware that others don't; however, the grounds are not maintained. It is completely littered w/dog poo. We had to take our dogs elsewhere to do their business.
(3) The mirror (on the door) for the closet in our room was cracked in several places at the bottom. That room should never have been opened for reservations. It was a lawsuit waiting to happen. When I mentioned it to the person behind the desk, I was told, "The mirrors are on order."
(4) There were THREE jacuzzi dirty tubs sitting in the back of the building. When I mentioned this to them as well, I was told "We are renovating." What about the 4 commercial realtor signs left at the back of the building?
(5) The room above us was occupied by a family whose children ran and stomped all night long. I called the front desk at 9:45 p.m. and was informed that they "had just moved in." At 12:30 a/m it was still ongoing. We had just come from a 9 hour drive.
(6) If you don't mind all of the above, then I would say, go ahead. We will not stay there again nor will we recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I chose this property because they allow pets and we were traveling with our poodle. The property was great. Off the main road, had to drive thru a Burger King to get to the property. The staff was very very friendly, everyone welcoming us when we arrived. Told us about local eateries for dinner. Right off the interstate and just a couple miles from downtown Salem. Roanoke was a small 20 minute drive away.

The decor in the rooms were beautiful and modern. The beds and pillows were a dream.

Even in July the pool was not heated and the water temp was a little cool. The breakfast area is extremely small. When it fills up, it's impossible for others to get to the counters to get food. The staff person was multi-tasking and the food ran out a couple of times before she could get back to fill them. They did have a make your own waffle station.

Overall I would recommend this property. The staff is great even though the property is not the best. However we felt very safe, not an issue at all.

• Stayed July 2010
Milford, Nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice Both times have been very good.
. I did not hear any dogs barking or whinning. In fact it was very quiet.
I wil be staying there again next month.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice this year and was very pleased with both stays. The staff at this hotel is all about customer service. The housekeeping staff does an excellant job and the property is well maintained. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and the hotel is quiet.
We travel 46 weeks a year and stay in hotels. I wish all hotels were like this one!
If you are traveling in the Salem/Roanoke Va area... this is the hotel to stay at!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Rooms are average size;one thing I did not like was that the vanity and sink were in the open, right in front of the door, no privacy at all! The bathroom light was one of those energy saver; you could barely see anything when you first turn it on! My advice, turn it on about 5 minutes before you decide to go to the bathroom! Breakfast was O.K. but could be better: sausage with gravy, biscuits, bagels, toast, make your own waffles, little muffins, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereals. No meat of any kind, unless you count the one mixed with the gravy. Rooms are a little noisy, people upstairs sounded like they were running around the room with clogs on! Overall it was O.K. for the money we paid ($89.00 per night with internet discount).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!