I had to drive to Ohio, over to Eastern PA and then back home to NC last week and had the pleasure and good fortune of spending a night in the La Quita @ 140 Sheraton Drive in Salem, VA. I'm 60 years old, was traveling alone and felt very safe there. Their extra security measures were very comforting and much more than at other hotels I've visited.
The staff treated me like family, the room was spotless and I've never seen a cleaner bathroom and living area. After a swim in their great outside pool area, I took a bath. I NEVER take a bath in a hotel, only a shower. That bathroom was clean enough to eat off the floor so I made an exception to my rule with no reluctance. The bed and bedding is like sleeping on a cloud, I slept a full 8 hours, which I never do, not even at home. The room had everything I needed, plus some. Everything was so wonderful. I slept like a baby and everyone there was so kind and very helpful, I hated to leave.
I usually shoot out of hotels as soon as the sun come up, but not this time. I didn't leave til 10 a.m. and that was only because your employees told me about the great farmer's market in Salem.
When I finally decided to leave I was going to grab something to eat on the way out the door. The day clerk, Dorothy, suggested I sit down and eat breakfast instead and she was right. I had a 4 hour drive ahead of me and I needed that great breakfast to get my day started right. She seemed like an old friend to me by the time I left. The food served and the cleanliness of the eating area was excellant. Everyone is super there.
I don't know who does the hiring for LaQuinta but they sure have a talent for hiring great people. I would encourage everyone to visit this hotel. The rates are very reasonable and I've paid a whole lot more for a whole lot less at other hotel chains. I look forward to staying there again.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem Hotel Salem
- La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem Hotel
- La Quinta Salem
- Baymont Inn Salem
- Salem La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn in Salem VA is a newly remodeled, indoor corridor property, close to I-81 exit 141. We offer comp. breakfast, WI-FI, pool, fitness center, bus. center and micro fridges in all rooms. Great property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.