“Several great stays at La Quinta, Salem” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Delaware
“Several great stays at La Quinta, Salem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Salem, VA La Quinta several times. We're currently staying overnight. We travel from Delaware to TN several times a year and have stayed here multiple times. It has very convenient access to I-81 both North and South and has a gas station literally right next to the parking lot which is also very convenient. The rooms are not huge, but are definitely big enough. The beds are very comfy with nice sheets, etc. This is a pet friendly hotel which is also nice for our purposes. The room does smell a very small amount of musty upon entering, but that is quickly cleared by turning the air up a bit. We went out and came back in after dinner and didn't notice it at all. The clientele is also fine. There aren't many restaurants right on top of the hotel (other than a Burger King which is right in the parking lot), but there are several great places within 2 - 4 miles. There is also a bar-tavern very close which we've been to and has good bar food. The breakfast in the morning is great with both hot and cold foods and a very nice lady who stocks it all. All of the staff here is wonderful!

Thanks so much La Quinta, Salem. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great for pets.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Salem, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

La Quinta chain hotels have improved greatly over the past 10 years and this one is at the top of our list. Very nice room, good king bed, clean bathroom, excellent flat screen TV. Breakfast was good and coffee was above average for hotels. Staff person was very helpful in finding a restaurant we were looking for and providing us with a local map.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Palmer, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This La Quinta was very nice. Friendly staff, large clean room, and a great location for those traveling up and down the 81 corridor.
Breakfast had a good variety with waffles and fresh fruit choices, as well as sausage and eggs, breads and bagels.
Definitely would choose this hotel if I'm in the Roanoke area again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very polite. I enjoyed my stay. Though we didn't venture out from the hotel the surrounding area seemed friendly. The appearance of the hotel was very nice. I truly enjoyed my night at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stay in hotels a lot, and this one is one of the best of this type I have stayed at in a while. It was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very courteous, and willing to help you which in hotels like this is rare. I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I really enjoyed the two nights I stayed at this LaQuinta in Salem. It was at the tail end of a week and a half long trip. Previous to staying at this LaQuinta in Salem, my mom and I had stayed for a week at the LaQuinta in Wytheville, VA.

Unlike the Wytheville LaQuinta, this building was built specifically to be a LaQuinta (the Wytheville one had been a previous chain, refurbished to its current brand).

The Salem location was quiet, well decorated and cozy. The breakfast nook area was really beautifully decorated and welcoming. The rooms were nice, I loved all of the decor. The beds were comfortable and I slept well.

I completed a survey for this location that was emailed to me shortly after our stay here and gave all positive feedback, the only slightly negative being that because this LaQuinta, like others, allows families to bring dogs with them, our room instantly had a mild, but noticeable, aroma of wet dog. It was not too overwhelming, and not cause enough to ask for a different room. The manager emailed me back right away after this review was received and apologized for this small "issue," and said I was always welcomed to ask for a room change. Again, this wasn't a big enough issue for me to ask for a room change, mostly because I think it's pretty cool that this chain allows and welcomes pets so freely. :-)

Breakfast selection was good.

Wifi worked great.

I really have no big complaints, other than I wish I could have stayed longer!

If you have some free time and it's the right season, please check out the nearby ballpark, where the Salem Red Sox play. It is a farm team of the Boston Red Sox and it is a very close drive from this hotel. I don't know why they don't market themselves better. There are no signs around for this ball team, no brochures available in the lobby area, but it's so much fun to go to this beautiful nearby ballpark. Look them up online if you are interested! If you like going to baseball games, this is a fun, relaxing time. Check them out.

I hope to be back, and would recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!