“Great consistency!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great consistency!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel six times in recent months while attending Roanoke College lacrosse games. The friendliness of the staff here is top notch and very welcoming. Matt, who works at the front desk is especially cheerful and professional. The housekeepers go out of their way to greet guests in the hallway. They even complimented my dogs! A very well run hotel and it will remain my first choice when I make trips to Salem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This LaQuinta is an old one and needs remodeling and new paint. It was a disappointment after staying in others that are newer. I will choose another hotel next time. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are very dated. The pillows were very nice and comfortable though. The staff was friendly and professional. The breakfast was just okay. When we first entered the room, my heart sank and I apologized to my husband for booking this hotel. It looked "low end" even thought the price was over $140. Such a disappointment, I must say. Fortunately we were only staying one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Pleasantville, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My go to hotel when visiting Roanoke College. This hotel always welcomes you like family, the rooms are clean, the free breakfast very good and pets are welcome which is important when visiting my college students.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful - all smiles and upbeat. I felt very relaxed. I am not a dog person, but this this seems to be a very dog-friendly property. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Flat Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Got a good night's sleep and staff was very friendly and helpful - a great stop along the highway. Wi-Fi wasn't the best and there isn't much else around it, but it's a very nice place to stop along the road. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

north branford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed here 1 night w/my husband, 4 year old son, and 2 dogs. Everyone on staff was extremely nice and pleasant to deal with. Everything seemed clean. The room was cozy and roomy enough for all of us. The breakfast in the morning was good, there was a nice variety so everyone found something they liked. For us, we really liked how much lawn there was, giving us plenty of room to walk and play w/our dogs. The entire place looked great, clean, and the entire staff we met was very friendly. I would definitely stay again and recommend others to stay here also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!