“LaQuinta Inn Salem, VA” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salem
A TripAdvisor Member
“LaQuinta Inn Salem, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great location near interstate. Very nice facility, clean and fresh. Helpful, friendly staff who seemed to want to make the guest feel welcome and comfortable. MAJOR plus: allows pets and has not pet fee!

My only regret was the the Business Center was not available when we were there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6269, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels to the Salem area. I would like to apologize to you for not being able to access our business center. We are currently undergoing major renovations in that room to better serve our guests. Please visit us again to experience our " HERE FOR YOU " motto. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We used to drive 15 hours from Florida to NC or PA each summer because we couldn't find a decent, clean hotel that permits dogs at a reasonable price. In the last two years we have stayed at La Quintas in Daytona, FL; Charleston, SC; Greensboro, Asheville and Raleigh, NC; and Roanoke, Va. You can call their 800 number and tell them where you are and they will locate the closest La Quinta, give you directions and even call ahead, check availability, and make reservations--all in one call. We have found La Quintas off I95, I20, and in most cities and even small towns. Rooms have all been upgraded and are clean and comfortable. The bed and bathroom are really clean and the beds are snuggly and toped with a down-like comforter. Breakfast is free but don't expect miracles--pretty standard with tasteless bagels and sweet rolls, orange juice from concentrate, but decent flavored yogurt. We found staff to be responsive and pleasant and all for from $62 to about $80 a night. The rewards program is pretty lame. You have to practically live there before getting a free night. Although we stay at places like the Ritz Carlton, Fairmont, Charleston Place on vacation, while traveling to a destination with pets in tow, you can't beat La Quinta. If you see two drop dead gorgeous English Springer Spaniels during your tour across the north or southeast, that would be Daisy Elizabeth, Chase, and me!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back close to the exit doors if you have dogs in tow.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Front desk staff along with cozy clean rooms is a positive for me and my company. Breakfast is delicious and the country charm from the girls preparing the foods will make you feel right at home. Smiles and good service from all the La Quinta Inn employees keeps us coming back year after year. Thumbs up to this fine hotel in Roanoke/Salem area.

Room Tip: Third floor will assure you a better nights sleep
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our our way back from a long road trip. We can't speak highly enough about the plush pillows, very comfortable bed, and expansive complimentary breakfast. The nightly rate is also a great value. This is our new preferred chain while traveling.

• Stayed January 2014
Ottawa Valley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Perfect stay on our way to Florida with dogs and teenagers. Location is right of the highway, which is very effective for a quick stop. The rooms were clean and fast breakfast included is what's needed to leave early. We arrived late because of traffic and weather but rooms were ready and we had joining rooms just like we had asked.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was my first stay at a La Quinta hotel and I really did not know what to expect - only that it had a good reputation. This proved to be the case at this particular location.

I arrived on a holiday for a set amount of time, that become more extended due to business obligations. My experience at the property was positive the entire time.

I think that friendliness and cleanliness were the defining hallmarks here. From the front desk, to the housekeeping and laundry to breakfast area attendant. Everybody was nice! I was always greeted with a smile and constant offers for assistance.

The property was very clean. I was shocked at the number of dogs that other guests had with them during my stay. I am not a dog person and was delighted that there were no smells, etc. associated with the canine neighbors. Even barks were at a minimum and this I associate with owners attending breakfast area.

I enjoyed my daily USA Today newspaper and other materials available for reading. The 24/7 fresh coffee was a real treat which I graciously took advantage of during my visit. For those who like television, the channels were many and HBO was featured.. The bed and linens were comfortable, the water in show a good stream and hot water always available. A small refrigerator and microwave added to the comforts. The breakfast area was complete and available each day. As I've indicated, it was a great stay. The location has both easy access to Interstate 81 and nearby downtown Salem and Roanoke just down the road. Many dining opportunities nearby.

I normally do not complete surveys such as this and I think this is my first Trip Advisor submission. If there were suggestions for the property, it was be a need for additional luggage carts. I think the daily demand exceeded the two that were available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!