“Quiet and Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Salem
Menifee, California
“Quiet and Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Located right off highway. Easy in and out of parking lot. We were on a cross country RV trip and wanted to spend a night at a La Quinta. This one looked new. Used our points for a free night. It was easy to park our car & trailer. Staff was very friendly. Even though our room was next to breakfast lounge we didn't hear a sound in the morning. Nice big TV. Slept well & refreshed. Selling our trailer.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Of all the La Quinta Inns and Suites my wife and I have stayed in during our travels, this was, by far, the most accommodating Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is NON-smoking throughout. The breakfast is standard Hotel fare...nothing spectacular. In all, a nice place to stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff made us and our dogs feel at home. Room was very clean and had no odors from previous pets.
The availability of coffee and tea all day long was very welcome after a long day on the road.,
The lady who set up breakfast was a delight. Unfortunately I didn't get her name.

Baldwin, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend. The check-in process was smooth, and the front desk staff were friendly. However, within an hour of checking in to our room, we found a bed bug. We immediately called the front desk and notified them, and they sent up someone to our room from the desk. The guy that was sent up was way too nonchalant about the situation. He said we could either stay in the room or upgrade to the only room that was available for an additional $30/night. If it had not been a booked up Hokie football weekend, we would have just gone to another hotel. We decided to upgrade to the other room, which thankfully, they decided not to charge us for.

Upon checkout, I was asked if we would like to pay for our stay with "the American Express card on file." I booked the room online and paid in full using a Discover card a month prior to our stay, and I never gave them any credit card when checking in...

Overall, the hotel was average and overpriced. The staff was friendly enough but didn't seem very competent in how to handle certain situations. I cannot give a hotel any more than 2 stars if I find any trace of bed bugs. A live one was enough evidence for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
lq6269, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us in the original room. Rest assured, we had our exterminator come in and checked the "bug" it was NOT A BED BUG she says they are only found in dark places like mattresses, not on the ceiling where it is very bright. Our hotel is exterminated on a routine basis. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target situations that can be avoided in the future. This gives us an opportunity to improve. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We travel with a lot with our dogs as they compete in dock jumping, so we stay at a lot of different dog friendly hotels. LaQuinta has always had the cleanest rooms and the most updated hotels. We stay at these hotels even if there is one a little closer to the venue we are competing at. We appreciate the free breakfast since it is impossible to eat at a restaurant with the dogs! Most of all, and I can't stress this enough, we appreciate the cleanliness and the fact that we always feel welcome with our dogs. This hotel was no different, everything was modern, the staff was more than friendly, and most of all, everything was clean. We enjoyed our stay very much and will stay here again for this event next year, even though it is about 12 minutes away and there are other pet friendly hotels within walking distance of this event. I'd prefer to drive a little for quality and cleanliness, and to know my dogs are truly welcome!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My father was very I'll and in the hospital...the management went above and beyond to ensure that my needs were meant while I was staying at this hotel..the rooms were clean and the staff made sure I had everything I needed. Great experience while I was going through such a difficult time with my father...

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!