“Renovated,very nice, updated room and breakfast room and dogs are FREE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Sheraton Dr, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Salem
Charlotte,NC
“Renovated,very nice, updated room and breakfast room and dogs are FREE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Already reviewed this hotel but since we last stayed there they have updated the rooms and the breakfast room and it is very nice. A great place to stay and the dogs are free, I did not hear any other dogs which is good. There are places to walk the dogs, it is very close to I 81 but not close enough to be bothered with the noise etc. The folks that work at this hotel are very nice which is a big plus. Definitely a place you would want to come back to again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I had travelled all day and were stopping at this hotel as a midway point to our final destination. The hotel is located less than 1mi from the interstate making it convenient to get in and out of if you are just passing through the area. We didn't check in until 1am, but called earlier to let the front desk know we would have a late check in. The staff was very professional over the phone and held our reservation. Once we arrived the staff was very friendly and processed our check in quickly.
The entire hotel has been updated over the past several years. The rooms are modern and updated and pleasant to the eye. The beds are comfortable and CLEAN!
The morning staff was also exceptionally pleasant and knowledgable. The continental breakfast was what I expected, nothing over the top. However, what was offered was prepared well and maintained at the right temperatures. As soon as something was low the staff member refilled or replaced whatever was missing before anyone needed to ask.
The front desk worker at the time of our check out was extremely helpful, efficient, and courteous. You could tell the staff at this hotel enjoyed their jobs, which is refreshing. We will definitely stay here again if we travel through Salem again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Maine, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Melonie the Assistant Manager at the La Quinta Inn in Salem, Va. went above and beyond to help me. I needed to switch my reservation from Sept. 26, to Sept. 25 and AARP/Expedia wouldn't let me without charging me another night. She fought with them for 3 days and couldn't get anywhere. Finally on the 24th a "big wig" from Expedia called the hotel on another matter and she told him of my problem. She got him to switch the date without charging me for another night. I was able to get to Tennessee the next day to see my granddaughter perform in the marching band, something I couldn't have done without her help. Upon arrival we were treated wonderfully. I will always stay there on my way to Tn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We selected this property last minute looking for something 1/2 way to our destination. What a pleasant experience. We made certain it was our stop on the way back. Bed was plush and very comfortable. How pleasant to have 2 pillow each and not have to decide who gets the 2nd one for propping up to watch TV. Sometimes it's the little things.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Moorestown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Last night at 9:30 my friend and I checked into our room. It was fine. By 1:30 a.m., however, the folks upstairs were having a grand time--even the building was shaking. By 2:30, my friend and I were on the road again, thinking that we should be driving instead of lying in bed wide awake. (That put us into Washington at rush hour, however; exactly what we had hoped to avoid.) I complained to the front desk as I checked out, and the clerk said she had checked in a family at 1:30. The clerk said that I had paid for my room on Expedia, so it would be difficult to refund anything to me, but she gave me the manager's card. I have a problem with that! I called the number on the La Quinta website specifically for this inn. It seems to me that La Quinta should manage their own reservations on their own website. So, beware of with whom you are making a reservation. --noisy air conditioners, too.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so that no one will be above you.