“Wonderful Assistant Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Maine, New York
“Wonderful Assistant Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Melonie the Assistant Manager at the La Quinta Inn in Salem, Va. went above and beyond to help me. I needed to switch my reservation from Sept. 26, to Sept. 25 and AARP/Expedia wouldn't let me without charging me another night. She fought with them for 3 days and couldn't get anywhere. Finally on the 24th a "big wig" from Expedia called the hotel on another matter and she told him of my problem. She got him to switch the date without charging me for another night. I was able to get to Tennessee the next day to see my granddaughter perform in the marching band, something I couldn't have done without her help. Upon arrival we were treated wonderfully. I will always stay there on my way to Tn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We selected this property last minute looking for something 1/2 way to our destination. What a pleasant experience. We made certain it was our stop on the way back. Bed was plush and very comfortable. How pleasant to have 2 pillow each and not have to decide who gets the 2nd one for propping up to watch TV. Sometimes it's the little things.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1Chuck2013
Moorestown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Last night at 9:30 my friend and I checked into our room. It was fine. By 1:30 a.m., however, the folks upstairs were having a grand time--even the building was shaking. By 2:30, my friend and I were on the road again, thinking that we should be driving instead of lying in bed wide awake. (That put us into Washington at rush hour, however; exactly what we had hoped to avoid.) I complained to the front desk as I checked out, and the clerk said she had checked in a family at 1:30. The clerk said that I had paid for my room on Expedia, so it would be difficult to refund anything to me, but she gave me the manager's card. I have a problem with that! I called the number on the La Quinta website specifically for this inn. It seems to me that La Quinta should manage their own reservations on their own website. So, beware of with whom you are making a reservation. --noisy air conditioners, too.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so that no one will be above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel. They are very pet friendly. The rooms are very clean and do not have pet odors. We travel between Atlanta and New York and this is the perfect stopping point. We have had stayed here 4 times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hampton Inn Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 167 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!