“NIce Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Sheraton Dr, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Salem

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Moorestown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Last night at 9:30 my friend and I checked into our room. It was fine. By 1:30 a.m., however, the folks upstairs were having a grand time--even the building was shaking. By 2:30, my friend and I were on the road again, thinking that we should be driving instead of lying in bed wide awake. (That put us into Washington at rush hour, however; exactly what we had hoped to avoid.) I complained to the front desk as I checked out, and the clerk said she had checked in a family at 1:30. The clerk said that I had paid for my room on Expedia, so it would be difficult to refund anything to me, but she gave me the manager's card. I have a problem with that! I called the number on the La Quinta website specifically for this inn. It seems to me that La Quinta should manage their own reservations on their own website. So, beware of with whom you are making a reservation. --noisy air conditioners, too.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so that no one will be above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel. They are very pet friendly. The rooms are very clean and do not have pet odors. We travel between Atlanta and New York and this is the perfect stopping point. We have had stayed here 4 times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the hotel around 9pm it didn't look too shabby. We unloaded our luggage and went to check into our room and we literally had to wait at least 15 minutes for a front desk clerk. Not only that, but she was extremely rude and unfriendly. After finally getting our keys we asked where our room was and the clerk replied with "down the hall". Once again, I'm not sure why this woman was working customer service. When we got to our room it spelled like a dog kennel. We have stayed in pet friendly hotels before but the stench was almost unbearable. After asking for another room the clerk told us they were sold out and went on with her business. At that point, we just wanted to rest and get the night over with. Never have I dealt with hotel attendant as rude as her. Will not be returning...there is a very nice holiday inn right next door that looks 10 times better than what we dealt with.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I chose this pet friendly hotel because of its proximity to a family event and because of our past positive experiences from stays at other La Quinta Inns. This time we were disappointed. The hotel is older and appears to have been refurbished and, while our room appeared clean, it had a very strong musty odor. The odor plus the fact that the room was dark from having only one small window made the room depressing. It was not a room that we looked forward to returning to. The staff people were very friendly and helpful; the breakfast was so-so. With so many other hotels in the area that offer more for the money, we probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!