“Each Stay A Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Sheraton Dr, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salem
NC
“Each Stay A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last couple of years. We travel with two dogs and always stay at the LaQuinta Hotels wherever we travel because of their pet friendliness and nice rooms. Each time we stayed at this property we were greeted in the warmest manner. The staff always makes us feel welcome and will go out fo their way to assure a great stay. The rooms are very comfortable and absolutely spotless, every time. The beds and bedding are good quality and are very comfortable to sleep in. The new expansion in their brekfast area was almost finished when we did stay in March. A great use of space and the finishing touches were about to be done. The selection of food is good, anyone can find something they like. The attention of the staff at breakfast is great and super friendly. We will stay here again and can recommend this hotel for travelers that want a great place to stay, it is a great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Surprisingly good for a chain that has had a less than great track record with me. Stayed at this location while on recent business and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms appeared to have been recently updated - fresh beds and bedding, new flat screen TV, in room heater was really quiet. Clean, comfortable and on a budget - a very good choice. For those of you that are snow birds on the I-81 corridor, this hotel is pet friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room - NOT next to the exercise room on the second floor :-)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our experience at this facility was the best we've had in many years at a hotel. All the personnel were very congenial and helpful. They seemed happy to have us as their guests. It was a joy to be made to feel so special!! The breakfast area was nice & clean....food great. Rooms clean & beds comfortable. Will definitely stay at this location again if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was impressed with this La Quinta. Our room had a microwave and fridge, in addition to a very new (very nice!) TV and a comfortable bed. The room was clean and well-maintained. The hotel also featured a good complementary breakfast, which was staffed by possibly the sweetest, most friendly woman ever!

There are only two not perfectly positive things to say. First, the internet seemed to drop in and out a few times one night. When we called down to mention it, the front desk called us back when the internet was restored--what great service! The other thing was that they didn't appear to have a fitness center, though I could be wrong. Would've been nice to get a little work out in when we snowed in! Overall, this is a great hotel conveniently located off I-81. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I arrived late one night when the tow truck driver who towed my vehicle off the interstate recommended this place as one that allowed pets. Wondering what I would be getting in to, I was more than pleasantly surprised.
Desk staff was unbelievably welcoming and hospitable, letting me know that we were 1 of 3 pug families staying there for the night. As we talked, one of the other pugs, along with his masters, came out of the elevator. Everyone ooooddddd and aaaahhhhhdddd over the pugs.
The desk clerk put me on the 3rd floor, the quietest part of the hotel, he said. The room was more than ample and clean as could be with all the fixin's: microwave, big-screen TV, free wifi, and very soft towels!
Unfortunately, I did not make breakfast, but the in-room coffee maker functioned perfectly well, and I snaagged a banana before they put everything away in the lobby.
Price was great!
As to Ms. Buckeye82? You prolly want the Ritz Carlton next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hampton, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first stay at a La Quinta and I brought my two teens along as we were visiting colleges. We stayed here because the location and price were right for our needs. My first impression was that the front counter lady was friendly enough but not entirely professional in her demeanor. The lighting in the hallways is horrible - bright flourescents - which gives a very cheap feeling to the property. However the rooms, while small, where clean. The entry to room has a faux wood floor which is a nice touch. Bathroom is tiny and towels are thin. They have a free breakfast served in the lobby area, which is furnished with ugly seating and tables in an attempt at a 1950's retro diner look. Free breakfast is sub-par - cold cereal, instant oatmeal packages, hard boiled eggs. I think I'd stay elsewhere next time, even if I had to spend a bit more.

Room Tip: stay on 2nd floor and you can avoid use of elevator if you are mobile.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!