“Great Stay- will return!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Sheraton Dr, Salem, VA 24153   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Stay- will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here overnight during our travels to Virginia Beach. Check in was super surprisingly fast. The room was clean and nicely decorated, although it was set up weird. Nice flat screen, microwave, fridge and the tv had LOTS of channels.Normally when you are in a hotel you are stuck with a few channels would wouldn't normally watch; the channel selection was superb and made my stay that much more enjoyable because it was like being at home, I didn't miss any of my normal lineup!No issues at all with the Free WIFI, Free Breakfast was good in the morning and the little lady who services the buffet is just fabulous! Everyone else we came across was friendly as well. The hotel is convenient to many restaurants and right off the interstate. I definitely recommend this hotel. No complaints at all!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Pretty standard as far as LaQuinta's go. Clean rooms, moderate furnishings and pet-friendly. What made this hotel stand out was the super friendly staff. We were greeted after a very long drive by a super nice woman who clearly understood the meaning of hospitality. She checked me in quickly, complemented our dog, and recommended a real restaurant in town instead of a fast-food chain. The next morning the woman who checked us out, the owner, was also extremely friendly, courteous, and generally concerned with our stay. Other hotels should take a page from this woman's book on how to do business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We (my mom, three kids, two dogs, and myself) arrived after a long travel and were exhausted! We had called ahead and the front desk had our keys ready. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. We basically went upstairs and fell asleep. The hidden gem of this LQ is the lady who does the breakfast buffet! In the morning I had to rearrange the vehicle (military move, too much stuff to carry) and it was taking me a while to get everything to fit. My mom, who flew in from Holland two days before and speaks limited English) was trying to corral the kids to eat. The breakfast lady was so sweet and accommodating and she helped get everyone settled and fed. She even kept food on the line to allowing me to finish packing to van (it took forever!) and still gave me breakfast! She even packed some cereal, bananas and an egg for me to take so we could get on the road. My mom still talks about her! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get her name. There was ample room to walk the dogs. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!