“The best of my trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Salem
Orlando, Florida
“The best of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I usually do a lot of research on Trip advisor before booking but my travel plans changed suddenly and I had to grab a hotel - boy was I lucky!!!

This must have been an old Baymont hotel, all interior corredors. But completely updated inside. Beautiful carpet in the hall and room. The fake wood look tile in the entry and bathroom. For some reason I got an accessible king room so the bathroom was very large and the bed area was on the small side, but I was only there overnight. Has a fridge with freezer and microwave in the room. Not a flatscreen TV so that took up a large area on top of the dresser. Small desk with chair. All the lamps on desk and bedside have plugs available for your laptop/phone. Single serve coffee maker in room but they do give you several coffees. Hairdryer. Nice towels, bed was heaven! lots of pillows. Modern new furnature.

Breakfast area had hot gravy and bisc, the preformed egg disks, waffle maker. Unlike most Laquintas who make the front desk staff work the breakfast area - this one had a woman who only took care of the breakfast and she welcomed each person and directed everyone and made sure it all stayed stocked. Even had single serve apple sauce containers.

No ice maker on 1st floor - have to go to second floor. Has a pool area but I did not use. I could slightly hear the TV in the room next to me but I had one of those adjoining room doors and the TV's were right next to the door.

I travel with dogs and appreciated that they had a trash can out at the back of the parking lot so when I cleaned up after my dog I didn't have to put it near a hotel entry door! Not much grass right next to the hotel, but between the hotel and burger king next door there was a large lot, has a steep drop off from the hotel parking lot but from the entrance drive you could walk the dogs.

I really appreciate La Quintas allowing dogs and not charging anything extra. They are by far the best quality of the dog hotels!

Room Tip: Front of hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I have worked at hotels for almost 18 years and have stayed at a lot of different hotels (Wyndham, Gaylord, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn etc..... This hotel was wonderful and I cannot say enought about it. From the time I checked in until I left the service was outstanding. Never a sad or mad face just smiles and hello's. The rooms were VERY clean, neat and nothing out of place. I will go back to this hotel anytime I am in the area. I had 2 rooms and both were excellant. If you want a room with a view ask for one that faces the front of the hotel. The back is not bad but you do have a mountain view in the front.

Room Tip: Room with a view faces the front of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel is great from the staff to the rooms. They do an excellent job of making you feel at home when you are on business. I don't understand the bad reviews because I frequently stay here as do a few of my colleagues and have never had any problems. The hotel is pet friendly and you would never know. .The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful..I personally do not own a pet and dont mind staying here because it is kept so clean and odor free. Thank you Lq keep up the good work. I will definately be back

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Pets are welcome in any and every room. Dog hair was all over the blanket on my wife's bed...some even on the sheet. We got replacements and made the bed ourselves. No warning given. We won't be staying in a La Quinta again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Yardley, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

(1) They quoted me a certain price over the phone and charged me MORE at checkout. When I questioned the difference, I was told that was their fee for 2 people staying in a room.
(2) They are pet friendly but I challenge you to find an area for your pet without stepping on dog poo! We always pick up after our dogs. I am not naive and am aware that others don't; however, the grounds are not maintained. It is completely littered w/dog poo. We had to take our dogs elsewhere to do their business.
(3) The mirror (on the door) for the closet in our room was cracked in several places at the bottom. That room should never have been opened for reservations. It was a lawsuit waiting to happen. When I mentioned it to the person behind the desk, I was told, "The mirrors are on order."
(4) There were THREE jacuzzi dirty tubs sitting in the back of the building. When I mentioned this to them as well, I was told "We are renovating." What about the 4 commercial realtor signs left at the back of the building?
(5) The room above us was occupied by a family whose children ran and stomped all night long. I called the front desk at 9:45 p.m. and was informed that they "had just moved in." At 12:30 a/m it was still ongoing. We had just come from a 9 hour drive.
(6) If you don't mind all of the above, then I would say, go ahead. We will not stay there again nor will we recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I chose this property because they allow pets and we were traveling with our poodle. The property was great. Off the main road, had to drive thru a Burger King to get to the property. The staff was very very friendly, everyone welcoming us when we arrived. Told us about local eateries for dinner. Right off the interstate and just a couple miles from downtown Salem. Roanoke was a small 20 minute drive away.

The decor in the rooms were beautiful and modern. The beds and pillows were a dream.

Even in July the pool was not heated and the water temp was a little cool. The breakfast area is extremely small. When it fills up, it's impossible for others to get to the counters to get food. The staff person was multi-tasking and the food ran out a couple of times before she could get back to fill them. They did have a make your own waffle station.

Overall I would recommend this property. The staff is great even though the property is not the best. However we felt very safe, not an issue at all.

• Stayed July 2010
Milford, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice Both times have been very good.
. I did not hear any dogs barking or whinning. In fact it was very quiet.
I wil be staying there again next month.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!