“We love Holiday Inn Express...this is the best one yet!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Grapevine, Texas
“We love Holiday Inn Express...this is the best one yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My family and I were passing though on our way to Williamsburg, VA. This was a GREAT hotel. We love this chain and stay in them often but have to say this was the nicest one yet! The front staff was so courteous and helpful, and helped us find a restaurant. The room was immaculate and quiet, as always. The area was beautiful. The breakfast was great as well. Very highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ThehotelguyatCEG, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
We are pleased that you had such a positive experience at our hotel and apprecaite the comments. Our staff is focused on customer service and to hear comments from our past guests is very rewarding and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bridgeawater, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

A very nice hotel - new, clean, and friendly staff.

But there is a HUGE POTHOLE on the right corner of the driveway as you turn into the driveway. I hit it, and after we got home found out that I bent the shock absorber/McPherson strut, a $500 repair. I don't blame the hotel for this (I shouldn't have taken the turn so tight), but BE CAREFUL!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and we are glad the hotel portion of your stay was satisfactory. As with many cities the pothole problems have invaded Salem and despite our efforts to get the city to fill it they have yet to comply; sorry that there was damage with your vehicle. Thank you for your positive review.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel was definitely one of the best that I've ever stayed in. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and well decorated. Unfortunately we only stayed for one night, but this definitely would have been a great place to spend a few days in. The only issue with this hotel was lack of parking-there didn't seem to be enough spaces. But other than that I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2010
Thanks you very much for your kind words and review regarding a previous stay at our hotel. We value our past guests and enjoy sharing positive reviews with our staff. Thank you again for your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stayed here one night on our way to North Carolina. Check-in around midnight was easy and fast. Room was in perfect condition and beds were very comfortable. The location was convinient to I-81 and was a few minutes from a Starbucks. Breakfast was not that great, but it was the typical Holiday Inn Express Breakfast. Overall, this is another example of Holiday Inn doing a great job of updating its brand. I would recommed this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments about your stay with us in 2010. You are correct in that the Holiday Inn Express Brand has been upgraded and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast and we are taking steps to continuously improve the overall quality/healthiness of our breakfast offerings. Thank you again for your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My name is Tyler and I was just passing through to stay here last night (June 18, 2010), and this one experience was better than the ENTIRE WEEK I spent at an Extended Stay America outside New York. When I requested a comment card or some way to leave a review, she thought I was to leave a complaint! I can't imagine ANYone complaining about this place! If I don't return to Salem, Virginia for any other reason, it would be because of this Holiday Inn Express. Professional, affordable... PERFECT on all fronts; thank you. This one stop, happenstance though it may have been, has been the highlight of my trip (and I frequented Manhattan while up north!). An immaculate blend of southern hospitality, a relaxing hot tob, absolutely THE most comfortable bed I've had the pleasure of sleeping in, and (of course) the flat screen TV made this absolutely the best one-night stay I've ever had. Thank you. I take my leave, now, as I was so pleased that I hadn't left breakfast here before being compelled to leave a review! Thanks, again for the wonderful stay!

Tyler

Jackson, MS

• Stayed June 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

its ok,eveything is good but the staff/service,staff is rude,service is ok

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My daughter and I were returning from USC Columbia to suburban Philadelphia, it was late and we needed to stop for some rest. We had no reservations, but the person at the front desk was very courteous and had accommodations for us. The hotel was obviously new, nice modern decor. We were pleased that the rate included a hot breakfast, since we still had a long trip ahead the next day. Nice big room, big bathroom, comfy beds and linens, micro and fridge (not very cold). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!