“Good Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salem
“Good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stayed here one night on our way to North Carolina. Check-in around midnight was easy and fast. Room was in perfect condition and beds were very comfortable. The location was convinient to I-81 and was a few minutes from a Starbucks. Breakfast was not that great, but it was the typical Holiday Inn Express Breakfast. Overall, this is another example of Holiday Inn doing a great job of updating its brand. I would recommed this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ThehotelguyatCEG, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
We appreciate your comments about your stay with us in 2010. You are correct in that the Holiday Inn Express Brand has been upgraded and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast and we are taking steps to continuously improve the overall quality/healthiness of our breakfast offerings. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My name is Tyler and I was just passing through to stay here last night (June 18, 2010), and this one experience was better than the ENTIRE WEEK I spent at an Extended Stay America outside New York. When I requested a comment card or some way to leave a review, she thought I was to leave a complaint! I can't imagine ANYone complaining about this place! If I don't return to Salem, Virginia for any other reason, it would be because of this Holiday Inn Express. Professional, affordable... PERFECT on all fronts; thank you. This one stop, happenstance though it may have been, has been the highlight of my trip (and I frequented Manhattan while up north!). An immaculate blend of southern hospitality, a relaxing hot tob, absolutely THE most comfortable bed I've had the pleasure of sleeping in, and (of course) the flat screen TV made this absolutely the best one-night stay I've ever had. Thank you. I take my leave, now, as I was so pleased that I hadn't left breakfast here before being compelled to leave a review! Thanks, again for the wonderful stay!

Tyler

Jackson, MS

• Stayed June 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

its ok,eveything is good but the staff/service,staff is rude,service is ok

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My daughter and I were returning from USC Columbia to suburban Philadelphia, it was late and we needed to stop for some rest. We had no reservations, but the person at the front desk was very courteous and had accommodations for us. The hotel was obviously new, nice modern decor. We were pleased that the rate included a hot breakfast, since we still had a long trip ahead the next day. Nice big room, big bathroom, comfy beds and linens, micro and fridge (not very cold). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

This newer property has everything - Great rooms with high ceilings, comfy beds, plush towels, modern decorating, flat screen TVs, Swimming pool, Exercise Room (small), large bathrooms, and a great price. A super value and a super stay - highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My husband and I were on our way to Hendersonville, NC from Long Island, NY. We realized that we still had another 4-5 hours of driving and it was dark and no lights on the road. We decided to stop and saw a sign for 3 hotels. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and what a pleasant surprise!! We had no problem getting a room and all the employees we encountered during our stay were so friendly and helpful. We have stayed at different named hotels during our many travels and this Holiday Inn Express was the best I have ever stayed at. After this stay me and my husband decided that the Holiday Inn Express will be the only hotel we will ever stay at.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

We had to be in Blacksburg, VA the next day, so I booked this hotel because it was located right off I-81. I thought I would check-in and then have to drive into Salem to find a restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to find a full service restaurant located in the lobby with a great selection of food. Overall the hotel was clean and quiet. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Quality Inn
#7 of 14 in Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 118 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!