“Would stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
massachusetts
“Would stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Brand new, very clean hotel. Service was friendly and prompt. Lobby and rooms were bright and attractive. Breakfast was great too. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

The front desk attendant Shannon was very helpful to me. He took the time to make sure I had all my stuff and called me right away when it arrived. I had a problem with the airport finding my things. I would definately come back here in the future. Rooms and service of other hotel staff was great. Breakfast was really good. Everything went smooth. I havent had this kind of experiance in a while.

Mr. F. Doddo.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
athens, georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel consistently since it opened in the spring for business purposes averaging 10 or more nights per month. I have consistently received excellent customer service, fast check in, and a friendly welcome each time. I was baffled by a few of the negative reviews I have read here because I have spent over 100 nights at this hotel since its opening in April of 2009 and have never experienced incorrect billing or a rude manager. In fact, the service I have received has been so consistent and excellent the majority of business travellers for my company now stay at this hotel. For the price, the service can't be beat! We all experience an occasional bad hotel, restaurant, etc. That is to be expected. But after 100 nights to have not experienced it one time, that is exceptional.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Virgina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

After a night of 12 inches of snow, stranded on I-81 for 10 hours, being evacuated by the national gaurd and unable to arrive at the hotel to check in, dead cell phone, I was still charged for the room even though I've never even seen the place.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Ruckersville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I originally booked the room thru Expedia.com, and then my credit card was not just charged through Expedia but also the hotel separately. After numerous phone calls back to the Holiday Inn Express in Salem, VA, who assured us that this would be resolved once the Manager was available, our latest phone call to Janice Windger was unprofessional, rude, and refused to give us a phone number or name for a District Manager.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Nice queen size beds, spacious room; however, the curtains were not black-out, so if parking lot lights disturb you, this is a problem. Also, when we arrived, the heat was not working - the front desk guy knew the right combination for it, so it was quickly resolved. Breakfast was lovely and in a spacious dining area. Fabulous view of the mountains from the room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Palmer, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

I was travelling with my daughter in August 2009 when we found this hotel while looking at colleges. When we returned to the area to look at Roanoke College again, we were very excited to stay at this property a second time. The view from the hotel is everything to love about the Roanoke valley. The staff are very helpful and friendly, and rooms are clean. The hotel is new, but maintenence seems to be kept up so far. The outdoor pool was very nice and quiet in the summer. The continental breakfast is excellent- the best of all the hotels in our college search. The beds are very comfortable and the decor is absolutely beautiful. Definitely the nicest hotel in the area and within minutes of the college.

• Stayed November 2009

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!