“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Salem
Charlotte NC
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

I was very pleased with my stay. This hotel is located a little out of town but still very easy to get to Main St and the dining options around. The decor was nice and classic. Bedding was great. Breakfast was nice as well. I would have liked to have another option in the workout room instead of just bike & treadmill. Clean & quiet. Great stay!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

After driving 6 hours we were warmly greeted at the front desk by Kathy. She made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. The view from the breakfast area was breath-taking of the mountains. The hotel rooms were clean, comfortable, and very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was abundant. The addition of a hot tub at the pool was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff, including housekeeping, made us feel comfortable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

At the end of a 6+ hour drive received a great welcome, which is exactly what you need.
Very helpful with directions and making sure our stay was comfortable. Good breakfast. Brand new hotel and the rooms are exceptional for Holiday Inn. Large flat screen, very comfortable beds.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Covington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

This is a very new hotel,so new you can still smell the paint in the rooms. I am a priority club member and asked for a upgrade when I checked in. Kathy at the front desk looked at me like I was trying to rob her and said,"For What!"If all the rooms were booked and she had said so I would have understood,but no such answer, just a frown. No smile or a thank you as I checked in or a welcome acknowledgement and the hotel was not busy at the time. It was not a very nice introduction to a new hotel that I might decide to give my future business.
With that said, it was a very nice layout, the rooms were large and comfortable. The free breakfast area was one of the largest I have seen not to be in a large city. The outside pool area was nice and the fitness room had the usual equipment with a huge TV to watch while you exercised.
All-in-all this is a nice place, the staff just needs to be a little more people friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
No. VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I left my 'Hotel Hell' and remembered seeing this new hotel when I exited the interstate, crossed my fingers they had an open room, and thankfully they did! Front desk was super nice and accommodating. Mind you, this place is so new it still smells like paint at times! Micros, fridges, free parking, free wireless, nice plasmas, multiple setting showerheads, beds and pillows are Holiday Inn quality through and through! The view (out the back) is of the Blue Ridge - and is beautiful! I was told there is a very nice, complimentary breakfast downstairs - I will check that out on my way to my meeting. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!