“very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Alexandria, Virginia
“very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stopped at HIE Salem, Va and planned to stay one night. The bad weather made us rethink and stay a second night. Super friendly staff, very clean rooms and great breakfast. Would stay there again when passing through. Plus a gas station, mini mart and burger king all in one, within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear 816usaf,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you chose to stay a second night. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing good comments about their service. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped here after driving for several hours, and were thrilled with it! The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating; our room was spacious, very clean, and very comfortable; the breakfast was great. What more could we ask for?!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear weemurree,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean , safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salem
Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped here last night and got a king size suite without reservations. They accepted a AAA discount and the price was quite reasonable. The suite was HUGE! I mean, it was big. I've stayed in larger suites around the country, but usually for a lot more money. Great TV, big bed, nice bathroom, lots of chairs, wifi. The bed, however, was very hard and I have a difficult time with hard beds, so I woke up with a backache. My wife enjoyed it, however. They also have a huge breakfast. It was really very nice. I was shocked to get pancakes out of a machine and they were delicious. They had much more than your average hotel's continental breakfast and there was ample seating, which was nice. Overall, we had an excellent experience and would be quite happy to stay there again next time we're on the road that way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Scott,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your wife stayed with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I recently stayed here with two teenagers. I had reserved standard 2 Q room, they gave us a larger room with a sitting area and pull out couch, and a small kitchen area. The boys appreciated that they didn't have to sleep in the same bed. The bathroom was clean, the bedding was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was average, no complaints.

The only thing I was unhappy with was the carpet in my room. It was visibly in need of a shampoo.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear dbjmp,

Thank you for telling us about our visit with us. We hope you and your sons enjoyed your time in Salem. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Ellijay, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on April 7, 2014. We were assigned room 115. While I was in the fitness room, a man entered our room while my wife was laying down. She was obviously frightened. He said he was assigned room 115. When I returned to the room, my room key wouldn't work and my wife didn't answer my knocks. I went to the front desk only to find my wife there. She was told we had been "transferred" to room 315, although we had never been told, nor did we ever physically move. We knew nothing about being "transferred"--it was just on paper. My wife was given new keys to room 115. In the morning, we got our bill but it had a different name on it, but our address and credit card. We went to the front desk in an attempt to straighten it out but it just got worse. We were told we were in room 315. I was assured that everything would be corrected, however today I noticed on my credit card three separate charges to Holiday Inn Express. I called the hotel but was placed on indefinite hold. I might also mention that although the hotel bills itself as "new", the heat didn't work, the refrigerator didn't work (later found to be unplugged behind the TV), the ice machine was missing a grate, and the pancake machine didn't work. I found the staff to be fairly arrogant and apathetic. I could never recommend this place to anyone

Room Tip: I just wouldn't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear george j,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here with reservations to rest to split our long trip in half. The staff was nice, and they had chocolate chip cookies if we wanted any in the eating area. There was also a basket of fruit. The rooms were clean. We actually ended up by the elevator. I didn't click on preference for location. Being by the elevator was not bad, because at that time it wasn't much traffic. In the morning time is when it gets busy, but by then I was checking out the breakfast. They had pancakes, cereal, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, muffins, juice, milk, cinnamon rolls, bacon, and sausage. I may have missed something, but you get the point.

Room Tip: Although when I was staying it wasn't a problem, but choose a room away from the elevator. I kn...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pocahontas04,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the amenities that the hotel has to offer. We will pass this great feedback on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

On a trip to Charlotte from Maryland, we stopped at this hotel overnight to rest. The hotel was excellent and the complimentary breakfast was outstanding. There was a young lady who worked in the breakfast area that was just so hospitable that it made our overnight stay that much better. We stayed there on Thursday Night of March 20th. When we come again, we will shortly use this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ronniestew,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!